Help emergency

Real funny...

I thought so...it was a reference to an old Daffy Duck cartoon.
idunno.gif

The thing didnt come out
its propely hurting her real bad

I put water near her bum and the insects
came off but not all of them

The colour is light

I coulnt get a picture sorry

A severe lice infestation could be sapping her of the nutrients required for proper laying. You really do need to clean her bottom before you can even begin to think about dusting her. I know some folks on here have had good results from Fipronil (the active ingredient in Frontline for dogs and cats) but I have no experience with it and wouldn't have a clue on dosage. As for her vent, you need to do it in stages. Soak a bit and then debride a bit, rinse and repeat.

ETA: I wouldn't soak her entire body, just warm, wet, compress. Getting her wet and cold will only stress her further.

Last edited:
A severe lice infestation could be sapping her of the nutrients required for proper laying. You really do need to clean her bottom before you can even begin to think about dusting her. I know some folks on here have had good results from Fipronil (the active ingredient in Frontline for dogs and cats) but I have no experience with it and wouldn't have a clue on dosage. As for her vent, you need to do it in stages. Soak a bit and then debride a bit, rinse and repeat.

ETA: I wouldn't soak her entire body, just warm, wet, compress. Getting her wet and cold will only stress her further.
X2! Bathing a sick bird is one of the best ways to KILL them. Sigh...

-Kathy

I mean this in a nice way, but I gotta ask... are you an adult? If not, I'd suggest that you find an adult that's not squeamish to help you. If you are an adult, same thing, find someone to help.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

My hen is fine now
she is running , eating jumping well not jumping
she doing great

Is it true that a licd infection could stop her from
layi g eggs

She doesnt lay eggs

If she does it would be a egg stuck
in her bum

Anotnerwise no no eggs

Severe parasite infestations will cause your bird to be anemic, among other things. Iron is VERY important to muscle contraction.

Back
Top Bottom