help, fightened rooster

thanks ginger but i did manage to get her out in time, only just though. she's shaken but okay
D.gif

ginger c. :

Quote:
Sorry you lost one of your babies.
hit.gif

thanks, she escaped the run and flew over out 6ft boundary fence and got eaten by the dogs next door
sad.png
silly sweet young girl. That's her in my avatar when I first got her.​

Last edited:
Quote:
she's also why I suggested the divider, she was much smaller than the other bantams and got a bit picked on so I did it for her and the little refuge let her always get her fair share and a place to take treats to!

After about a month she was thriving, big enough and bold enough to trick the bigger girls and not get pecked! So I removed the divider.

Quote:
Our 4 big girls did that to our 2 silkies. I actually thought they killed her at one point because the silkie went limp and fell over. They pecked a bit more while I rushed over there and then they walked away. I thought for sure my wife was going to kill me for letting the silkie get killed. When I picked up the silkie, she popped up and looked around like "What the fudge was that?!?!?!" Poor thing.

After cornering her and doing that a second time, they finally started getting bored with it. Yes, they picked on her, but not enough to knock her out. And as I said earlier, we put the silkies in the coop about 9 or 10 at night (when everyone was sleeping). We placed them on a lower roost by themselves. Then in the morning we let them all out together. It took a while (a week or two) and we were worried stiff, but it all worked out. The female silkie still runs when the others come around most of the time.

And last night, the silkie rooster abandoned his li'l lady friend to sleep on the high roost with the big girls, leaving poor Louise all by herself on the lower roost.
hit.gif

GC's DH

Back
Top Bottom