Help! First time duck mom! Rescued pekin ducklings

Pics

Brooke17

In the Brooder
Aug 23, 2019
Hi yall! Yesterday i was given 2 pekin ducklings possibly 3 days old. One has a head injury from other ducklings picking on him. Which is why i was given him he also came along with a friend so he wasnt so lonely. Ducking with the head injury i cleaned the cut and put blue toc on it. Today i have notice both ducklings have fallend on thier back and cant get back over.. they are eating purina premium flock raiser crumbles drinking plenty of water also added nutri drench to the water... any ideas what else i should be giving them.. also how much should i be handling them.. they are going to be kept as pets

Did
I had an issue with one of my ducklings and sprinkled brewers yeast on their food. A lack of Niacin causes issues with ducks. The brewers yeast took care of it but there is a liquid b-complex you can give them. Some of the experienced members will give you some guidance. I am not sure the same thing is going on with yours. Mine had seizures.
Your duck ever stop having seizures?

I’d go to TSC and get liquid BComplex and start them on it ASAP. You’ll find it in the cattle section it will say injectable but just peel the foil and use a dropper to get out 1 ml start them off on 1 ml a day. Are they eating good? If they are then mix the liquid b over a small amount of their feed so they get their full dose. Liquid b complex is about as good as you can get and Pekins really need it they grow so fast they need it.

I’d go to TSC and get liquid BComplex and start them on it ASAP. You’ll find it in the cattle section it will say injectable but just peel the foil and use a dropper to get out 1 ml start them off on 1 ml a day. Are they eating good? If they are then mix the liquid b over a small amount of their feed so they get their full dose. Liquid b complex is about as good as you can get and Pekins really need it they grow so fast they need it.
Yes they are always running to get bites of food.. listed the food above they are on :) they lovee water i put a drop of the vitmins stuff i listed above also..

If they are Pekin ducks, they could use an extra dose of Niacin and a little Calcium to strengthen the little legs. Niacin is available on-line pure, you can also grind up a Vitamin B complex pill and mix it into the feed or use a natural source like green pees or brewers yeast. For calcium you could grind up some egg-shells.
Can you post a picture of them? If their bills have a more fleshy than orange color they are White Layers.

Here is brantley with the head injury with his purple head from blue toc

Attachments

• Snapchat-1642305760.jpg
    Snapchat-1642305760.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 18

Back
Top Bottom