Help flood in incubator during hatching

NNYchick

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 15, 2017
Harrisville, NY
I am having a heck of a time. Today is day 21, I have one chick hatched and 2 pips. I couldn’t get my humidity up so I kept lifting the edge and adding water. Then my temperature kept going down it was down to 92 degrees. I lifted the top off to see what was going on and found the eggs and chicks sitting in a pool of water. Quickly removed chick and eggs dumped water and put paper towels down and put them all back in. Chick is still chirping and the 2 piped eggs are chirping. Is there something thing else I should do? Am I going to lose the eggs?

NNYchick

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 15, 2017
Harrisville, NY
Praying I didn’t screw this up. This is only my second time hatching in the incubator. 1st time I was at work when the action happened. Last time I had 3 broodies so I took the eggs out at lockdown and gave them to broody. Hopefully more than one hatches. I do have a broody right now but she has only been broody a week so not sure if she will take the chick if I try tonight. I plan to brood this group in the house.

Redhead Rae

Chickens, chickens everywhere!
5 Years
Jan 4, 2017
Braxton County, WV
Praying I didn’t screw this up. This is only my second time hatching in the incubator. 1st time I was at work when the action happened. Last time I had 3 broodies so I took the eggs out at lockdown and gave them to broody. Hopefully more than one hatches. I do have a broody right now but she has only been broody a week so not sure if she will take the chick if I try tonight. I plan to brood this group in the house.
It depends on the bird, but a week may be long enough.

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop

Top Bottom