HELP FOR PRIZE ROOSTER

Yes a vet at the NC State Agriculture Dept watched the video. We have no Vet close. I just posted a video from today to show the difference. She suggested giving the Tylan injections and I’ve done that since Friday.
I understand that often you can't find a chicken vet. Can you get to any other vet? Hopefully one would help remove an object if that were the problem.

He sounds like he has a respiratory disease with the cough or sneeze, congestion, and it looks like his right eyelid is swollen with eye drainage. Any bacteria, virus, or fungal respiratory disease can cause yellow or whitish plaques inside the trachea. But I think that it could be a foreign body, a piece of food, or possibly a growth as well. Hopefully the Tylan will help. Tylan dosage is around 12 mg per pound given 3 times a day. You can give injectable Tylan orally, by the way, especially since the injectable can cause muscle necrosis at the injection site. There is also tylosin powder that cannbe used in the drinking water available here:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

Does he have a bad odor coming from his beak? Can you look inside his beak with a flashlight while someone holds his head still for any cankers or tissue that should not be there?

Last edited:
He sounds like he has a respiratory disease with the cough or sneeze, congestion, and it looks like his right eyelid is swollen with eye drainage. Any bacteria, virus, or fungal respiratory disease can cause yellow or whitish plaques inside the trachea. But I think that it could be a foreign body, a piece of food, or possibly a growth as well. Hopefully the Tylan will help. Tylan dosage is around 12 mg per pound given 3 times a day. You can give injectable Tylan orally, by the way, especially since the injectable can cause muscle necrosis at the injection site. There is also tylosin powder that cannbe used in the drinking water available here:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

Does he have a bad odor coming from his beak? Can you look inside his beak with a flashlight while someone holds his head still for any cankers or tissue that should not be there?

Ok my husband nor I see or feel anything in the throat. No odor in his mouth. How much Tylan 50 would you give him 3 times a day? He’s 10 pounds.

Well Tylan 50 dosage is 0.25 (1/4 ml) per pound, so I would give him 2.5 ml (2 1/2 ml) given orally 3 times a day for 5 days. Just give him a little at a time, no more than 1/2 ml, and then let him swallow.) Does he have bubbles or foam in his eye? Tylan is good to treat mycoplasma (MG) in chickens.

Back
Top Bottom