HELP FOR PRIZE ROOSTER

Thanks for EVERYONES Help!! We have a new medicine and it is a respiratory infection. Hopefully some TLC and this medicine will get him back to his spunky self soon. I’ll keep everyone posted on him!!! Sir Big Boy is resting now inside our spare room on a cozy blanket.....

He is out of it and the manufacturer has it on backorder. He was hoping some pharmacy may still have some in stock. They changed to a different drug by mouth that I picked up when we realized The WHOLE USA is out of it.
That's just tragic. Hope the alternate meds work.

What medication did you get? Doxycycline can be used to treat MG and other respiratory infections. It is in the tetracycline family. Oxytetracycline can be used as well.

Since MG can be a chronic disease, possibly coming back later, it might be good to get some of the Tylan (tylosin) powder from here:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

Dosage is 1 tsp (5 grams) per gallon of water for 5 days. Water should always be added to the powder, not the other way, or it will not mix well. Mix new every 3 days.

Well Big Boy has had 2 doses of Doxycycline and is getting a 3rd in the morning. He is not eating or drinking much but has been taking Electrolytes and Some mash with Starter Food from a syringe by mouth. He is still having breathing issues but is actually a little more relaxed and resting today.... praying he continues to improve and will get an appetite to eat and drink soon. Thanks for everyone’s prayers!!

Whew! I just read this thread from start to finish and just realized I have not been breathing! Best wishes for Sir Big Boy. And three cheers for BYC! I need a cuppa tea ....
Cup-of-tea.jpg

Back
Top Bottom