Help!!! found this baby hiding under my truck.... not sure if its a turkey or chicken, or if its a w

So sweet
love.gif

Last edited:
Lol my husband is well aware of how chicken math works....he learned that lesson when I had my hens and told him I needed a rooster now.... Lol so he'll just come home one day and notice that there are more than when he left
1f60a.png

Last edited:
Once you get past the 100-200 mark they stop noticing extras that come or go... By 1000 they don't have a clue but your pushing the chicken math boundary...

You can see his broken beak in this last pic... poor baby
He's starting to get some brown feathers... any thoughts on breed?
Isn't he turning into such a handsome boy???

Yes he sure is!!
love.gif

Love him!
yesss.gif

Good Luck and have a wonderful Journey raising him!!
highfive.gif

Turkenstein25

Poor baby, bless your heart for taking him in. Be sure you give him probiotics to give him good bacteria in his gut and cleanse hi. Out :).. your doing a great job, keep us updated

Once you get past the 100-200 mark they stop noticing extras that come or go... By 1000 they don't have a clue but your pushing the chicken math boundary...

1000???
I can't imagine ever having that many!!!!
I just hit the 50 mark and half of those are an order of day-olds that just came in this week.

@newtochickens88 : I really wanted to post to ask how the baby is doing, if you know what (s)he is, etc.

Awww, he looks so much better. I have a little roo that was wandering around in the woods outside the coops and runs area. I caught him and he was in bad shape too. I was told that he looks like a game breed mix that may have been used for fighting. I have him quarantined giving him unlimited food and water. His beak is splintered and some of his top beak in missing. It remided me of your little guy. I will do my best to get him back healthy again. He was starving.

Awww, he looks so much better. I have a little roo that was wandering around in the woods outside the coops and runs area. I caught him and he was in bad shape too. I was told that he looks like a game breed mix that may have been used for fighting. I have him quarantined giving him unlimited food and water. His beak is splintered and some of his top beak in missing. It remided me of your little guy. I will do my best to get him back healthy again. He was starving.
deff a game breed. Bless the both kf yall for helping inocent souls

So Capone spent his first night outside last night...all by himself in his own coop and run. I salvaged an old shopping cart and turned it into a bachelor pad for him....this is only temporary, we are planning on buying a house next year so when we move my sister will be taking cooper (my slw roo) and Capone will be in with the girls, I would switch them out now but I think Capone is still too small to defend himself, and the girls all like to pick on him... I don't think he likes being outside, everytime I look out there he is pacing the fence back and forth, do you think I should put the least dominant hen in there with him?

Back
Top Bottom