Help - (Gross pics) Blood on quail head

I just dont think your gonna cure his aggression
sure maybe it works for a week but he wont stop

about the only cure for aggression is to wrap him in bacon

This is my plan. As soon as I make sure my injured male is ok the other one is going on marinade.

Thats pretty funny i might use him as a clay pigeon if i can get him to fly theirs not much meat on a 5 week old quail anyway. lol or i make a little appetizer.

UPDATE:

Its been a few days and his eyes are wide open and he has most of his feathers back, He still looks and acts a bit ratty. He can pick up dried meal worms off the ground so I assume he can see ok.

As far as the mean guy, I noticed that some of the ladies have a few missing feathers on the back of their heads, Is this normal or a sign that he is a bit too much of a stallion?

QUESTION:

Whats the next step? This weekend should I put him back and take out the other male this weekend? How long should I keep an eye to make sure he is getting along with the ladies? When should I put the mean guy on the grill?

Thank you all for the advice so far. This resource has been invaluable.

mine are fully healed right now and i just put in a new roo to replace the old one and there all doing great i have 2 roo's and 8 hens every things gone great
UPDATE:

Its been a few days and his eyes are wide open and he has most of his feathers back, He still looks and acts a bit ratty. He can pick up dried meal worms off the ground so I assume he can see ok.

As far as the mean guy, I noticed that some of the ladies have a few missing feathers on the back of their heads, Is this normal or a sign that he is a bit too much of a stallion?

QUESTION:

Whats the next step? This weekend should I put him back and take out the other male this weekend? How long should I keep an eye to make sure he is getting along with the ladies? When should I put the mean guy on the grill?

Thank you all for the advice so far. This resource has been invaluable.

mine are fully healed right now and i just put in a new roo to replace the old one and there all doing great i have 2 roo's and 8 hens every things gone great my other roo is now in a separate pen i hope to put some other hens in there as that sometimes works so good luck!

If it is aggression problem, I heard quails can get aggressive if they run out of water

Yeah i imagine you would be pretty ****** if you didnt have water to. lol no its usually competion for the hens or a stressfull environment like dogs barking at them or loud noises like mowers. or they just have a screw loose in there head one of my roos's is completley nuts separated him from the others and he just gos crazy in his pen im gonna try putting some different hens in there but if that doesnt work he will make a nice little appitzer.

like I said watch him

a bit of messed up feathers on the neck is fairly normal
if he has them pinned down with their head twisted around and they are screaming then get rid of him
if they have sores where he is grabbing them get rid of him

like I said watch him

a bit of messed up feathers on the neck is fairly normal
if he has them pinned down with their head twisted around and they are screaming then get rid of him
if they have sores where he is grabbing them get rid of him

Ok i just added a new roo to the flock and they all seem fine hes been in there for a couple days and everything's fine but hes grabbing them by the bck of the neck and "wrestling'' the hens is the aggression or mating? they are not screeching but they do run away a bit im guessing this is there mating ritual. My chickens do this when there mating so im guessing this is the same.

Thanks for the update Mike-Mike. I still can't tell if mine lost an eye or not? And I found out that it was a tuxedo male that attacked my white female. So "Queen Elsa" (my daughter named her...yeah we've seen Frozen a few times.......and by a few times, I mean like 100 at least) is now living on my dining room table. Poor girl. That roo just went to a new home. :) How long did it take for yours to heal up? Queen Elsa's head is a bloody crusty mess. :(

Back
Top Bottom