Help - (Gross pics) Blood on quail head

After 2 good days his eyes started to open and his feathers were back. The rest of the week to build up his pride.

Glad to here i had a runt in one of my flocks and she was constantly picked on by all the other quail missing feathers all the time and she would hide in the corner while the other one would eat so i put an extra food dish and there and now shes bigger then the rest of them...
funny how that works. Good Luck.

UPDATE:

Today I decided to put the recovered bird back in the coop and I removed the other male. After just a few hours he was beat up again (by the females).
I swapped them back. Should I just put the wounded guy on marinade and be done with it?

Thanks

UPDATE:

Today I decided to put the recovered bird back in the coop and I removed the other male. After just a few hours he was beat up again (by the females).
I swapped them back. Should I just put the wounded guy on marinade and be done with it?

Thanks

Is it a roo or a hen? if your looking to incubate eggs id keep him and wait until he fully recovers before id kill him if you dont plan on incubating eggs there not really a use for him if its a hen just keep her in a separate pen for the eggs.

Is it a roo or a hen? if your looking to incubate eggs id keep him and wait until he fully recovers before id kill him if you dont plan on incubating eggs there not really a use for him if its a hen just keep her in a separate pen for the eggs.

Its a roo. I have 2 roo and 6 hens. It turns out I think I have too many roo. The question is really what one should go? But I guess I'll just keep the one that is getting along with the others. I haven't incubated eggs yet but wanted to keep the option open.

Its a roo. I have 2 roo and 6 hens. It turns out I think I have too many roo. The question is really what one should go? But I guess I'll just keep the one that is getting along with the others. I haven't incubated eggs yet but wanted to keep the option open.

Ok its really up to you id keep the one that gets along with the others yeah you had one to many roo's you really should have a 1 to 6 ratio right now i have 2 roos and 8 hens but that beacouse i need fertile eggs for hatching if you want to get into incubating make your own out of a styrofoam cooler there is all sorts of plans heres one i threw together last night (those eggs are just duds i threw in)

The 2 roos are doing good so ill leave them. my hens are 6 weeks now so im expecting eggs right now we are only getting 12 hours of light a day so im thinking of putting in artificial light with a timer on it for 17 hours of light ive read on one of the forums that keeping the light on all night causes over exhaustion and aggression. Is this true?

Back
Top Bottom