Help - (Gross pics) Blood on quail head

I just had the same problem i just moved my 5 week coturnix in there permanent pen outside. the first 2 nights every thing went great when i checked on them this morning all 3 white ones where completely torn to pieces i have 10 quail 2 males i know for sure which one was doing it as i watched him so i separated him and everything's fine now should i try to put them back together or should i cook him up. i plan on incubating eggs should i just separate them until i need fertile eggs? any helps appreciated.

So I think I jinxed myself. I came home last night and found one of mine looking exactly like yours. :( I was so upset. I swore the other 2 in the cage were females. They have the speckled breasts and all......but they were males. UGH. I separated the males out and have someone coming to get them tonight. But dang!! They are naughty little dudes. I think my injured one is going to make it. He has one eye in tact and the other is swollen shut, but I hope it's still there. I brought him inside and he is eating and drinking. So my fingers are crossed.

Oh man, Hope he is ok.

I guess. Yeah i just separated him and maybe ill put a different group of females with him in a different cage.ive read that that might work i hope because other wise hes getting cooked for dinner.

I had a female once who attached any boy i put in with her she was sent to the den . Nope not lions i beheaded her in honor of the great pixiebobs cat and skinned her fed her to the kittens i had at the time after deboning , they loved her more then i can say for me once she got mean

i know for sure which one was doing it as i watched him so i separated him and everything's fine now should i try to put them back together or should i cook him up. .
generally speaking he wont stop after a time out
perfect time of the year to find a new roo

yeah i found that out as soon as i put him in there. yeah ill try putting him in with a different group of hens but well see other wise he will make a good appetizer.

Would hot peck work we use it on the chickens when they start pecking if you dont now what it is its almost like pepper spray that you spray on there feathers and when they peck it gets in there mouth and eyes and it prevents them from doing that its been so long since ive put that stuff on my chickens maybe like 5 years ago i wonder if they still even make it.

I just dont think your gonna cure his aggression
sure maybe it works for a week but he wont stop

about the only cure for aggression is to wrap him in bacon

Back
Top Bottom