help guys...

24%...all I can find local, I am ordering Purina Startena which is 30 % but its not here yet

Quote:
Okay.
smile.png

Quote:
I have one thermometer I use with my work it is calibratable I check my others by it , it is tied to the Nat bureau of standards most of the ones I have bought from wally world have been wrong to various degrees some just a little bit others not even close I mostly just raise or lower my heat source until the chicks spread out a little bit for bobs as they get older I run them a little cool iffn you are trying to stay warm it is harder to be mean to the one who is keeping you warm
smile.png
bobs can be fairly close for the first week or so but as they start to grow any they need to be spread out quickly

ok, so here is where I am at....I am down 11 baby bobs.....I now have 93 in the brooders, temps are running kind of steady at about 95 ish......I believe I read somewhere that a little sugar in the water was good for baby quails....any suggestions???

is there anything I can put in the water to help them ??

I believe I read somewhere that a little sugar in the Bobs water was good for them....is this true ???

I also believe I read where some boiled eggs chopped up fine will help them from biting each other to death.....they were pecking the crap out of each other;'s feet, now they are pecking the butts of other ones ????

What do I do now ???

help guys, please !!

It might help to color your bulb red. I use a red sharpie marker and painted the light bulb and it made a world of difference. I also lowered the amount of white light in the room which also helped very much.

Quote:
for bobs....yep there ya go, i'd thin them out, best thing to use is the HUGE plastic totes you can find at walmart and target.

when you use the totes with quail do you keep the lid solid or do you cut it out and replace with wire or netting and do you use pine shavings when they are within the first 5 days? thanks

oh....is it better to use the clear totes or the solid color ones. thanks again

Quote:
gqf manufacturing in savannah sells vitamins to place in the water for quail.....too much sugar can cause diarrhea

Back
Top Bottom