Help hatching chick is in critical condition!

Ok so I made the same mistake with my first batch I tried to help one chick and it died. And I cried and cried. The thing is it is supposed to be a struggle they are supposed to get tired and struggle. When they aren't struggling they are regaining ingenuity strength to struggle some more. Even though I didnt harm the membrane or cause any bleeding when i helped my chick it still wasn't ready yet to come out. All of the blood vessels need to be absorbed and dried up as well as the rest of the yolks inside the egg the chick will suck all the of that up until its dried then it will reside to start unzipping the egg. Unless it's absolutely necessary. I wont ever try to to help a chick out again because for the most part! They got this! I mean making a little area for there break to poke out or whatever is cool but anything more is dangerous. Good luck with your babies!

My first hatch I helped one of my babies I didnt tear the membrane or anything had the little guy all the way out and it died! I am very reluctant to help again unless its absolutely necessary. The thing is for the most part they know what there doing! It always seems to be human or mechanical error that makes it hard for them! Good luck with your babies and thank you for responding to my post I'm still worried but feel like the little guy is doing a little better! At least hes chirping. Before was making no noise just opening and closing mouth!
I would be very reluctant to help as well. The only reason I chose to intervene on that hatch of mine was because I had 3 eggs that had stopped mid zip that made no progress for over 24 hours while everyone else had hatched fine. @ChickNanny13 has tagged some very experienced people who will no doubt chime in here shortly.

Sorry I'm not very experienced I really have no idea this is only my second hatch! First one would have been 9 but I killed one trying to help and this one should be 9 as well but this guy is the only one showing signs of life so far

Back
Top Bottom