HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!! My hen is sick and i don't know what to do!!!

one of my hens is really sick. she went missing for three days and i thought she had been eaten or something. she did come back, but she's sick. she's sneezing a lot, having a hard time breathing, being lethargic, and has yellowish green diarea. does this sound like anthing in particular? can it be cured? and most of all, is it contageous? i really really REALLY don't want to ave to cull her. she's only a year old and a real sweat heart.
D.gif
=
sickbyc.gif

hit.gif
Yellowish green diarrhea is usually a sign of a severe bacterial infection, probably ecoli out of control in her system coupled with or caused possibly by a severe respiratory disease. Practice biosecurity measures and sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss!! Have a necropsy done so you know what you are dealing with. My vet gave me a bottle of Baytril which is an antibiotic to have on hand. It helped me to save on of my hens who started showing signs of having a bacterial infection. I hope nobody else gets sick!

thanks for your support.
hugs.gif
i'm pretty sure it was pnemonia and i know that it's not contagious because she was with my other hens for about a week. she was acting wierd and breathing hard when i picked her up but it wasn't until recently that it got really bad and i sepparated her. i still cleaned the coop but i'm building a new one so the one that she was in isn't really a coop. it's more of a shelter with a run. my other hens are doing just fine rite now but i've got a close eye on them.

thanks once again for all your support.

Back
Top Bottom