HELP HELP HELP!!! incubator meltdown day 8

Pics
Ok well u will have to take a look and carefully figure out what is what... it's ok to be upset, remember you have all of us here rooting for you. We all have faith in you.
Unfortionatly,iv looked the best i can,and keep checking on her,but I dont think this baby will make it ,I'm afraid to attempt to help ,iv saved ducklings from this happening that are still alive almost 2 years later but this chick is in much worse condition and the chips as bedding in the incubator most likely got caught and pulled makeing the problem to bad to be able to safely attempt help beyond moving the chick to a NICU box/bed in the brooder on cloth with limited mobility, It keeps peeping and trying to run around but the more it moves the worse it gets😥in the close up picture I couldn't get under the show all the is out that should be in ,I put a small cup of water in the NICU bed for humidity to help it not dry up too fast in hopes of reabsorbtion ,but it might be to much to reabsorb.

Attachments

• 20220113_131242.jpg
    20220113_131242.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220113_145030.jpg
    20220113_145030.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220113_145100.jpg
    20220113_145100.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 4
Unfortionatly,iv looked the best i can,and keep checking on her,but I dont think this baby will make it ,I'm afraid to attempt to help ,iv saved ducklings from this happening that are still alive almost 2 years later but this chick is in much worse condition and the chips as bedding in the incubator most likely got caught and pulled makeing the problem to bad to be able to safely attempt help beyond moving the chick to a NICU box/bed in the brooder on cloth with limited mobility, It keeps peeping and trying to run around but the more it moves the worse it gets😥in the close up picture I couldn't get under the show all the is out that should be in ,I put a small cup of water in the NICU bed for humidity to help it not dry up too fast in hopes of reabsorbtion ,but it might be to much to reabsorb.
So sorry you have to deal with all these troubles but you're doing a good job.

You might have to humanely euthanize the wee babe.

How is she?
Seems to be improving ,all fluffed up and moving around and drinking water ,now that she's dry iv been able to take another look and I don't know if she will make it through the night ,but it does look a little better,not sure if should do anything else other then what I am doing I tried to get a picture but she won't hold still and I don't want to squeeze the poor thing accidently, hatchlings are so small and delicate. I don't know if she will be able to fully digest and pass food and idk how to attempt to put what's out back in or if i should try or if she will heal on her own or if that's even possible .

Back
Top Bottom