HELP HELP HELP!!! incubator meltdown day 8

Unfortionatly,iv looked the best i can,and keep checking on her,but I dont think this baby will make it ,I'm afraid to attempt to help ,iv saved ducklings from this happening that are still alive almost 2 years later but this chick is in much worse condition and the chips as bedding in the incubator most likely got caught and pulled makeing the problem to bad to be able to safely attempt help beyond moving the chick to a NICU box/bed in the brooder on cloth with limited mobility, It keeps peeping and trying to run around but the more it moves the worse it gets😥in the close up picture I couldn't get under the show all the is out that should be in ,I put a small cup of water in the NICU bed for humidity to help it not dry up too fast in hopes of reabsorbtion ,but it might be to much to reabsorb.
I haven't caught up on reading..but here is what I do if anyone else has this happen. I get dental floss, wrap it around the area as close as I can get to the tummy, and tighten it..not real real tight, but enough that it stays in place. It will eventually dry up and fall off. I've saved a few babies this way.

The thing to watch for now are the other chicks. If they see it they may start poking at it. If so, separate the chick until it's not noticably any longer, or when it's dropped off. :)

I don't think it'll be an issue to have the chick in with buddies. I had a chick with a partial unabsorbed yolk sac before, & he did fine with the others.
Every time I put it with the other two they immediately try to rip off the unabsorbed sac ,but the baby is ina box inside the brooder with the others so it can hear them constantly and is chirping back ,thankyou 🙂

Is it possible to put the chick so he can see and hear the others? Chicks need others to thrive, not sure of your setup.
Thankyou, The baby is in a box inside the brooder with the others so it can constantly hear the others and chirps back at them ,but when I try to let it join them they immediately peck at the unabsorbed sac ,so I give them a few minutes together while watching to make sure they don't hurt her and once the cord falls off should be able to let them be together all the time 🙂

Thankyou, The baby is in a box inside the brooder with the others so it can constantly hear the others and chirps back at them ,but when I try to let it join them they immediately peck at the unabsorbed sac ,so I give them a few minutes together while watching to make sure they don't hurt her and once the cord falls off should be able to let them be together all the time 🙂
Hopefully it heals over fast, babies grow and heal fast. Thankfully!

Every time I put it with the other two they immediately try to rip off the unabsorbed sac ,but the baby is ina box inside the brooder with the others so it can hear them constantly and is chirping back ,thankyou 🙂
Probably because they've never been with the chick at the beginning, which is an issue. I never separated my chick from the group.

Well at least you tried.

Back
Top Bottom