HELP HELP HELP!!! incubator meltdown day 8

Probably because they've never been with the chick at the beginning, which is an issue. I never separated my chick from the group.

Well at least you tried.
Like I said earlier..the other chicks are attracted to the red/orange bump, they will peck at it. It isn't because they don't like the chick at this young age. Once it's dropped off, or the fluff fills in over it, they will leave it alone. Doing the right thing putting chick in with the others for a bit so they know it. Keeping them apart for awhile will cause them to see it differently. Good luck. Time is all they need. :)

Oh, and trimming the bulb isn't a good idea. At this point if leaving it, there is no bleeding. You have no idea where the blood vessels are inside. I made that mistake ..once..they can surprise you with bleeding from just a small cut. Just let it dry up all the way.

Like I said earlier..the other chicks are attracted to the red/orange bump, they will peck at it. It isn't because they don't like the chick at this young age. Once it's dropped off, or the fluff fills in over it, they will leave it alone. Doing the right thing putting chick in with the others for a bit so they know it. Keeping them apart for awhile will cause them to see it differently. Good luck. Time is all they need. :)
I don't think the area is red anymore. The chick should also be good, & fluffy by now.

I would imagine once it gets stronger and heals over it should be possible to slowly integrate back into the group. Do you think?
Iv separated chicks and ducklings a few times like this then once the problem area is completely healed put them together more everyday untill they are getting along well which normally takes about a week but it verys depending on the situation and strength progression of the problem bird.
😐 I guess, I haven't had any issue with chicks like this. But it's good to know if there ever is an issue!

I think we r all appreciative of your input and experience, thanks!
I'm gonna trim it in a day or so ,once all the blood is withdrawn,as there is still some pink suggesting blood flow in which case I would u like hate to trim it and have baby bleed out .🐥

Iv separated chicks and ducklings a few times like this then once the problem area is completely healed put them together more everyday untill they are getting along well which normally takes about a week but it verys depending on the situation and strength progression of the problem bird.

I'm gonna trim it in a day or so ,once all the blood is withdrawn,as there is still some pink suggesting blood flow in which case I would u like hate to trim it and have baby bleed out .🐥
🤗

Keep us updated! And any new photos too!

I'm gonna trim it in a day or so ,
Just trim the stringy thing hanging from abdomen up to scab not the big scab on abdomen. Leave big scab alone let it heal on its own. From looking at pic from days ago cord was dried up then.
1642433302808.png

Just trim the stringy thing hanging from abdomen up to scab not the big scab on abdomen. Leave big scab alone let it heal on its own. From looking at pic from days ago cord was dried up then. View attachment 2963433
I ended up.leaving it alone and it all fell off without having to trim any of it and the chick now named Darwin has graduated to being with its siblings 24/7 after about a week of monitored time with them ,there are no problems they are all healthy and happy together finally 😀

Attachments

• 20220120_152348.jpg
    20220120_152348.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220120_152533.jpg
    20220120_152533.jpg
    610.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220120_152706.jpg
    20220120_152706.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom