HELP! Help! What's wrong

Dec 17, 2017
North Carolina
My hen has something wrong what could it be and what can I do oilly stuff was coming out of it when I touched the side of her head and her naila were bloody and what's this on her comb
image.jpg
image.jpg
sorry I accidentally put an old photo of a different hen and forgot to delete it ignore that attached photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    785.5 KB · Views: 7
From that foot photo, looks like a simple case of ripped off nail. Happens to birds. Happens to dogs. Happens to cats. Happens to people! It's somewhat painful and can be pretty bloody, but rarely is it ever a problem. Keep it clean and sterile, she'll be just fine. The nail will grow back from the cuticle, may possibly be misshapen forevermore, but she won't mind!

Nails rip off of chickens scrambling to cling to a roost they're falling off of. They rip off dogs running and climbing on hard, bumpy surfaces. They rip of cats climbing trees. It just happens. I've seen it happen to more of my turkeys than my chickens because they like to fly up into trees! Lots of branches and bark to catch a long nail on!

Ok thanks so I know about her nails so that's good but the only thing that I'm worried about her oily cheack scratch it's kinda hard to see but it's deep and she was moving her head so I couldn't get a good picture of her comb but I realized her comb was getting better she's just a bit slow and tired but still eats and drinks ok so that's a good sign

Back
Top Bottom