Help hen acting very odd been having vent issues

TheTwoRoos

Crowing
Sep 25, 2015
so currently I have a five year old black sexlink.Severl weeks ago noticed her having constapation issues but I just figured it was costitipation.At this point it has to be something else.Washed her vent cause she has poop almost clogging her up,then I put peroxide on it and sat her in a cage.May I kind you she was acting perfectly normal eating and pooping,also gave her a lot of coconut oil,pretty much let her eat from the can till she was done.However,now she is acting sick and is cleaning clogging for a third time.As well as submitting to other hens,generally she is up and alert and sees me carrying other hens and usually threatens them above,may I also kind you she is second in the pecking order having only one hen stopping her in her path,What is her issue?Could it be she is having egg system issues,can she be fix?

What do they eat? Do they have access to grit? She may have a partial blockage somewhere. Is her poop normal size and consistency? Is her crop emptying properly? Is her abdomen (fluffy butt) bloated at all? It's hard to know what's going on without more information. Do you know when she last laid an egg?

They eat all flock and scratch and severl other treats.They free range getting grit naturally,she has the runs,escpecially when I pull the poop off,she usually poops a fair amount.Her crop is fine as far as I can tell,just to be sure that is why I gave her coconut oil.Boy,last laid an egg,coulda been six seven months ago!her breath smell fine but her butt smells absolutely terrible!Unsure of what to do.She lives through the night,and she also looks very lethargic but tried coming out today.
473FC1C7-6CF7-4040-9D8A-8E91222D8AAC.jpeg
Pretty much her stance.
What do they eat? Do they have access to grit? She may have a partial blockage somewhere. Is her poop normal size and consistency? Is her crop emptying properly? Is her abdomen (fluffy butt) bloated at all? It's hard to know what's going on without more information. Do you know when she last laid an egg?

Back
Top Bottom