HELP hen dying

Sorry to hear of the problems she's having and the effect it is having on her carer.

Go with the oils, that will annoy the living daylights out of lice. In any condition she should be ok with oil covering many parts of her body, but the feet are easiest to treat with oil. Better to use a vege oil that you have in the kitchen and can eat.

The oils are similar effect to the ultimate nuclear blast for lice in humans, in human kids and adults, you just get cheap shampoo or conditioner, wet the hair and put on a LOT of either one. smother the hair and scalp and leave it that way for a few minutes and then wash off. 5 mins if you can stand it is perfect. More is no problem. It kills everything, adults, eggs, everything in one cheap and easy go. Oils on the lice work well, though I usually put it on the feet, I don't know if it can have any adverse effect if it was put on the whole chookie.

I've been reading that coconut oil and coconut milk are good to drink for wiping out internal parasites in chooks and humans. Cant hurt to give it a drink of what you can drink. Could help.

In future stay away from brown chickens. Most of the hybrid chickens are brown, the have different brand names in different places. They are not breeds of chickens, they are hybrids which are designed to turn nutrition into eggs rather than bodily organs and bodily functions. They do not live as long as breeds of chickens and there is nothing you can do to save them. They are good for penny pinching factories, but not suitable for caring homes because of the whole frequent dying thing that happens about every 2 years rather than 8 to 10 for breeds.

Not sure what else will help, but to wish you luck and hope things will go well. Really, I hope everything will be ok.

Haven't updated in a while-I have been giving vitamin C some,but not at all times.She can walk and stand somewhat normal,infact she ran away from the coop to clear across the yard!

My main concern is she seems slightly blind,she aims horribly for things,like getting a drink of water,mastering it better,but still has times where she misses.

She gets a little feed day by day,not too big on eating yet,infact I think she did not have too much of anything today,but water.She still does a majority of laying down,but can fly,and move when she needs,just at a slower past,so still vulnerable and weak.Ifs he does get any better,if it is neurological,will she always have bad weird head movements,and bad im for things?

Have not laid any eggs yet.

Her sister now is beginning to have bad aim and a hard time finding feed on the ground ,,what could this be

She the sick one did not move when a finger was a cm away from her eye,or nearly closer.I still have no idea what it is,this hen has gotten worse.

I'm stuck between whether its blindness or not.Anybody know anything?The sister is getting worse and the hen who was getting better cannot stand anymore,just like she was when this all first started,she is reducing how much water she drinks and has not been the same since I left for my trip.I got her some electrolytes.

Ok, the hen is doing much better today and was actually standing! She is eating mealworms/moths/all flock feed/scratch.

Back
Top Bottom