Help Hen's Eye is swollen a bit and has bubbles

Raysal

Songster
Sep 2, 2020
Dallas TX
The left eye looks fine but her right eye looks bad here are some pictures what can I give her or put in her eye to help she is 6 months old
20210719_124626.jpg

20210719_124623.jpg

20210719_124622.jpg

20210719_124410.jpg

Her other eye looks fine
20210719_124416.jpg

Can you take a look inside her beak for any lesions or yellow/white pasty material.
She has a scab on one side of the beak, it may be from fighting, but possibly Fowl Pox.

For the eye, I would flush it with saline, clean up the pus and crust, then apply an eye ointment like Terramycin or you can use original Neosporin if that's all you can get.

IF it's Fowl Pox, then careful about disturbing the scabs. I'm hoping she's just being pecked at since I see a bit of injury to the comb and maybe a peck mark to the eye as well.

Ok let me go check, whats Fowl Pox? Is there treatment for that hope its not that
Fowl Pox is a virus transmitted by mosquitoes, it usually resolves on it's on over the course of several weeks, but since you have a bird with a watery/bubbly eye and a lesion on the side of the beak, it's best to investigate further to see if there are also lesions inside the beak. There is one form of Fowl Pox that is more severe and you would want to make sure the bird is eating/drinking well.

Fowl Pox is a virus transmitted by mosquitoes, it usually resolves on it's on over the course of several weeks, but since you have a bird with a watery/bubbly eye and a lesion on the side of the beak, it's best to investigate further to see if there are also lesions inside the beak. There is one form of Fowl Pox that is more severe and you would want to make sure the bird is eating/drinking well.
She was eating and drinking good when i finished appling Terramycin in her eye

I couldn't really open her beak I'll try tomorrow morning thankyou

Back
Top Bottom