Help Hens face is swollen

Swampy_9

Chirping
Apr 3, 2023
I don't know if this happened at night or while I just wasn't looking but one of my hens face is swollen on one side.

She as far as I am able to tell has eaten and drank normally I've still have to see her poops.

It does look like she is gasping but so are my other hens in this heat. She's still responding normally and I did notice her comb has an injury on it but I can't tell if it's from that, a bee sting or something worse.

The other side of her face is just perfectly normal it's just one side where it's swollen and she's squinting.

Is there anything here that I should start treating. She's gotten a little clumsier as far as I can see

Attachments

• IMG_20230731_092438061.jpg
    IMG_20230731_092438061.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20230731_092537410.jpg
    IMG_20230731_092537410.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 12
Gasping or panting? Gasping would be more indicative of respiratory problem. Swelling of the face may be a sign of respiratory infection, such as MG, or could be from a peck or sting. I would watch for any bubbles in the eye. An antibiotic Tylosin in the water may help treat symptoms of MG, but chickens will remain carriers for life. If a sting is possible, a one time dosage of Benadryl might help. Dosage would be about 1/3 tablet (25mg tablet.)

Gasping or panting? Gasping would be more indicative of respiratory problem. Swelling of the face may be a sign of respiratory infection, such as MG, or could be from a peck or sting. I would watch for any bubbles in the eye. An antibiotic Tylosin in the water may help treat symptoms of MG, but chickens will remain carriers for life. If a sting is possible, a one time dosage of Benadryl might help. Dosage would be about 1/3 tablet (25mg tablet.)
i guess its more panting than anything. And shes drank a lot of water Her poops are runny given how much water she drank. is there any where i could buy tylosin? and how much in the water should i add would the liquid form be better or the tablets be?

Back
Top Bottom