Help! High Humidity throughout incubation

Darn. I'm sorry. I always hate to disagree. :(
I just did a hatch with so many eggs, I couldn't squeeze another in. So every one that hatched was all over the others. Main thing is to watch later pips so they don't crawl on them and close a pip.

I must say, I've never hatched with them upright, so if you feel better laying them down, trust your gut.

I must say, I have never hatched with them upright, so if you feel better laying them down, trust your gut.

I have. Accidentally :oops: but they do fine that way. Plus mine were also still on the turner and in about 30% humidity and made it out. I was also gonna float the suggestion of leaving them upright in this case.

Darn. I'm sorry. I always hate to disagree. :(
I just did a hatch with so many eggs, I couldn't squeeze another in. So every one that hatched was all over the others. Main thing is to watch later pips so they don't crawl on them and close a pip.

I must say, I've never hatched with them upright, so if you feel better laying them down, trust your gut.
No disagreement at all! I incubate upright most of the time due to most of my eggs being shipped but I take out the upright turner and lay everyone down for hatch. There is a poster on here who hatches masses of eggs upright and they had a pic. of the chicks tumbling down over the other eggs and the edge of the carton and it looked a little scary between you, me and the egg carton!! Anyway, I think the OP will be fine, either way.

Nothing has changed yet. I know it can take awhile but given the situation how long do I wait?
This can be the most agonizing part of hatching... the waiting..... and waiting.... Sometimes they can pip and zip and be out within a hour or so, and sometimes it can take a day. However as my friend, WVduckchick will tell you, once the zip starts it should be very quick. If it stops for a long time, it may be time to help. Read the assisted hatch article on here just in case. It's great for future information anyway and best to be prepared. Besides it'll give you something else to think about while you wait for this little one!:caf

This can be the most agonizing part of hatching... the waiting..... and waiting.... Sometimes they can pip and zip and be out within a hour or so, and sometimes it can take a day. However as my friend, WVduckchick will tell you, once the zip starts it should be very quick. If it stops for a long time, it may be time to help. Read the assisted hatch article on here just in case. It's great for future information anyway and best to be prepared. Besides it'll give you something else to think about while you wait for this little one!:caf
OK will do ;)! I am going to "sleep" beside the incubator so I can keep an eye on it as well! I can hear it pecking (or maybe it's another one)! Hopefully it will be out soon:pop

Sorry I'm so new to all of this... There is a little hole and I can see it moving and hear it peeping!
WooHoo!! The first time I heard an egg peep(internal pip) my jaw dropped to the floor, until my huge grin brought it back up. Haha!

That paper carton may have helped out with your high humidity by absorbing some of the moisture. Time will tell, once that chickie pops out and starts to dry, you'll see how 'wet' it is.

I've never hatched with them upright
I have, in paper cartons, I think they do better laying down too...but upright can work fine.

Still not much has changed The hole from the pipper last night is still the same. There are two more eggs with cracks in them but they aren't right on top.

Last edited:
Here is a picture. The one right beside the pipper from last night has a crack. Is it's position okay? Should I peel the egg so I can see if he's okay in there? Should I still leave that one from last night? What if it's too big and can't turn? Thank you again everyone!

Attachments

• DSC_9426.JPG
    DSC_9426.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom