Help! High Humidity throughout incubation

Oh, I just love this part :love:love:love:love:love Well done, well done!!! Congratulations, now you just have to come up with a fabulous name for her (hopefully!!). OK so how about chick no. 1? Anything new?
The children named her Zippy because she zipped out so quickly! Here is a picture of the first chick. I ended up assisting her as the membrane was getting really dry and she wasn't pipping as much anymore. Everything went good with the hatch and she had absorbed her yolk. She isn't as active as Zippy and seems tired but she's only been out about a half an hour. So hopefully she will liven up soon:fl

Attachments

• DSC_9445.JPG
    DSC_9445.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 11
That chick does not look super wet which is a good sign, the others should be along shortly. It looks like you have another 3 now, correct?
There are two other ones with cracks in the egg but not the membrane .Iheld them up to my ear quickly and I can hear them pecking but they still haven't made much progress.

Aww, she's exhausted, and I dont know how much experience you have with chicks but they have this wonderful habit of falling asleep where they stand so they can be upright and running one minute and flat on their faces fast asleep the next. Make sure you have nutri drench vitamins in their water and chick grit mixed into their food to help prevent pasty butt. Zippy is an awesome name, tell the kids they made a great choice. Well done helping, it went as it should!

Glad yours are faring better than mine. I think the 2 CCL eggs that started have now quit. But she sent me 16 more! Post office was a bit easier on these. A few loose cells, but several were perfect and none are totally floating! Yeah!
16 more!! Sheesh, I wish I had your supplier. I only purchased 6, got 8 had 3 totally scrambled, and I mean scrambled, when I opened them there was just broken yolk and white. :( So I have 5 left that are progressing but like I said a couple with bad saddles. But on the upside, my BLRWs are looking good as are the BCM :fl

There are two other ones with cracks in the egg but not the membrane .Iheld them up to my ear quickly and I can hear them pecking but they still haven't made much progress.

So happy for you! :wee

Now, if you see a crack in the shell, then the membrane is very very likely pierced also, even though it may not appear to be. The flaps will fold back almost invisibly. But if you watch (ok, stare...) long enough, you will probably see it flutter as the chick moves. They rest a lot though!

Also, you want to keep your humidity stable, so only open the lid when its really necessary. :fl

Continued good luck and success!

16 more!! Sheesh, I wish I had your supplier. I only purchased 6, got 8 had 3 totally scrambled, and I mean scrambled, when I opened them there was just broken yolk and white. :( So I have 5 left that are progressing but like I said a couple with bad saddles. But on the upside, my BLRWs are looking good as are the BCM :fl

Well maybe if we get these to hatch together, we'll be able to swap eggs some day. :D

Aww, she's exhausted, and I dont know how much experience you have with chicks but they have this wonderful habit of falling asleep where they stand so they can be upright and running one minute and flat on their faces fast asleep the next. Make sure you have nutri drench vitamins in their water and chick grit mixed into their food to help prevent pasty butt. Zippy is an awesome name, tell the kids they made a great choice. Well done helping, it went as it should!
Yes! She is doing much better now! It's so funny how they just fall asleep anywhere! I will definitely get the nutri drench! I'm suppose to leave them in the incubator for 24 hours right?

Back
Top Bottom