HELP !Holes in the bottom of Styrafoam incubator ?? water !!!!

2468Chickensrgr8

Songster
12 Years
Nov 7, 2007
Ontario
I have some holes in the bottom of my styrafoam Hova incubator .....Its a used one ...dont know if the previous owner put them in or it comes like that....there are no holes in the two troughs that hold water but I keep on having water pour out of the incubator....thank goodness I am testing the incubator first before eggs....I need some advice ...should I plug those holes up??

Those are for air circulation. Did it have a plastic tray when you got the bator? New ones have a plastic tray for holding water and a screen that clips to it to set eggs on. You can get replacements at Murray McMurray hatchery online I think.

Oh okay....thank you I am glas I asked before pluggin' them up lol this one has no plastic trays but has the wire base and the trough is set in the styrafoam ...I cleaned it up and very carefully added some more water ...its staying ....

Oh okay....thank you I am glas I asked before pluggin' them up lol this one has no plastic trays but has the wire base and the trough is set in the styrafoam ...I cleaned it up and very carefully added some more water ...its staying ....
Mine is using it has holes in the bottom as well as in the tray one on each corner.They look like their holes from the manufacturer but when I watch videos the same incubator does not have holes

Back
Top Bottom