HELP HUGE EMERGENCY!!!!

Pics
Thank you. That was the only time I witnessed it, but it has probably happened more often in my coop. I have found evidence of broken egg material, but usually if another hen notices that or an egg membrane sticking out of a vent, they eat them right away. I am not saying that your hen will die, but the egg material inside the vent area can be a medium for bacterial growth. I probably wouldn’t worry too much about it, but just get some for another time. Amoxicillin is a drug that can come in handy while having chickens. I keep a bottle of FishMox nowadays.
Good news! I’m getting amoxicillin no matter what and my hen no longer “leaks” egg yolk she isn’t pooping as much as she could but no long has anything stuck and isn’t constipated and lethargic in anyway, she took it easy today and ate a bit and went outside like normal. She is still recovering a bit but she is definitely fine. But as I said just in case I’m gonna eventually grab amoxicillin.

Good news! I’m getting amoxicillin no matter what and my hen no longer “leaks” egg yolk she isn’t pooping as much as she could but no long has anything stuck and isn’t constipated and lethargic in anyway, she took it easy today and ate a bit and went outside like normal. She is still recovering a bit but she is definitely fine. But as I said just in case I’m gonna eventually grab amoxicillin.
Glad she is feeling much better!
I hope she continues to recover:)

So today after I gave her her calicium pill and went to the store to get amoxicillin I came back to see her running around and since she used to be head hen before she got sick she was head hen again and super happy to be back on top. Just wanted to update
Wonderful! Nice to hear she is doing so well:)
Thank you for the update.

Wonderful! Nice to hear she is doing so well:)
Thank you for the update.
Hey, I have a problem.. my hens all of them are all the sudden dropping weight. They are still sorta eating but are light and probably are like two pounds. Any response appreciated.

Hey, I have a problem.. my hens all of them are all the sudden dropping weight. They are still sorta eating but are light and probably are like two pounds. Any response appreciated.
actually my girls just didn’t eat cause my neighbors cat was chasing them. Sorry

actually my girls just didn’t eat cause my neighbors cat was chasing them. Sorry

How old are your hens anyway? If they are losing weight and being chased around, it's time to place them in a secure run so they are protected and have access to food/water during the day without being harassed.

How old are your hens anyway? If they are losing weight and being chased around, it's time to place them in a secure run so they are protected and have access to food/water during the day without being harassed.
They are young and I have a lot of polish so I already have a huge run that they kept going in for safety and that cat barely comes but when he comes he gets a kick out out of harassing the girls. They are 7 months and are great layers so I’m just gonna make sure that the cat just stops coming around the girls.

Back
Top Bottom