HELP! Hungry, happy, haunted homemakers have heard!

Pick one for Sara's new dummy.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...it's still flooded in places.
20200923_183505.jpg
20200923_183510.jpg

This looks really cool!

I read the comments though. Sounds like it only works reliably on old fashioned cans that need a can opener (NOT pull tab!) One lady said she had severe burns to the face & neck and treated for them for several months. She was only thankful that she had just set her child down before the top blew off.

That said, I wonder how this would work in a mason jar & whether it would subsequently be shelf stable. (Not likely gonna do it, let alone to store on a shelf; just speculating.)

Someone else said they submerged the can in water in a slow cooker for (five?) hours at a simmer & it worked fine. Another woman likes to cook the can in with her beans. :gig However I tried it, I would move it to a mason jar, keep it upright, & make sure my pot had a heavy lid.
I don't think I'd trust it in a mason jar ... but I'm a worrier. It really doesn't need to be shelf-stable, though. It comes pre-stabilized ... as a can of milk! Just store the can & boil when needed. :D

My bestie brought me late birthday prezzies.
View attachment 2345236
Your Bestie brings better prezzies than my Beastie. The Great Basement HUnter just presented me with a belated gift, too - a dead cricket. He was SO proud of it, pushing it towards me so I would notice his great hunting prowess, that I reached for my phone to get a pic. He was SO cute about it! I no sooner got the camera ready when the cricket "undied" and did a huge, lopsided leap to the side. Startled the living daylights outta me! One of the fuzzies was on that bug in a flash, and it was gone before any of us recovered our composure (eeewww!!!)
So I now have one seriously irritated tabby cat and a fuzzy black one batting at him asking for more. When my heart stops racing, I think I'll put them both back in the basement for another hunting session.
Next time, I'm holding out for chicken-poo lip glace!

Your Bestie brings better prezzies than my Beastie. The Great Basement HUnter just presented me with a belated gift, too - a dead cricket. He was SO proud of it, pushing it towards me so I would notice his great hunting prowess, that I reached for my phone to get a pic. He was SO cute about it! I no sooner got the camera ready when the cricket "undied" and did a huge, lopsided leap to the side. Startled the living daylights outta me! One of the fuzzies was on that bug in a flash, and it was gone before any of us recovered our composure (eeewww!!!)
So I now have one seriously irritated tabby cat and a fuzzy black one batting at him asking for more. When my heart stops racing, I think I'll put them both back in the basement for another hunting session.
Next time, I'm holding out for chicken-poo lip glace!
I get kitty prezzies almost daily. The Chicken Poo is way better.
20200919_103417.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom