HELP HURT ROOSTER

Dust stuff might have been mold.
Were your other birds eating the exact same feed as him?
Yes, same containers, and everything. I am thinking another thing it could have came from was the straw I used? It had a lot of dirt in it and they often spilled water in it. So maybe there was mold for too long in it? I honestly am stumped onto what could have happened. I only recently had to use straw instead of flake bedding because I ran out.(I currently have the right bedding no worries on that)

Yes, same containers, and everything. I am thinking another thing it could have came from was the straw I used? It had a lot of dirt in it and they often spilled water in it. So maybe there was mold for too long in it? I honestly am stumped onto what could have happened. I only recently had to use straw instead of flake bedding because I ran out.(I currently have the right bedding no worries on that)
Yes...straw can get moldy too. Moldy could very well be an issue.

I put them in their new coop today, new bedding and it is outside so no more mold. I am going to clean out them old one and add new bedding, water bowls, feeders, and etc. for the rooster to have a quarantine area instead of being with the hens.

Update: so he has started trying to walk today and when I was down there hand feeding him breakfast he was mainly standing. I think he is getting better for the most part (minus his wings). He is still walking really wobbly and has yet to yell for the morning. I fed him a mix of water supplement (vitamins, electrolytes, sugar) in food from my palm and he seems to be eating the normal food just fine. my only worry is him drinking water because the walls on the water feeder are kinda high. I helped him drink water this morning too. (No worries) I’ll be checking on him every three hours to feed him.

To get fluids into him, you can offer him squash, grapes, carrots, anything high in water content. Progress is always good, no matter how small.

Thank you so much for helping @azygous @Kiki
I thought of Mareks but not the Flu. It's always better with more heads than one :hugs

Tarojar ... Glad to hear he's doing better. Where are you located?
Tennessee! And He is trying his hardest, whenever I look outside he seems to move to a new place to sit that’s a few steps back.

To get fluids into him, you can offer him squash, grapes, carrots, anything high in water content. Progress is always good, no matter how small.
I’ll make sure to buy those! I took a good amount of time to just give him vitamin filled water and mushy vitamin water mixed feed.

Back
Top Bottom