HELP HURT ROOSTER

It hurts nothing to try to help him get better. Continue to give him vitamins and monitor how much he eats to make sure he's eating enough each day.

If you don't start seeing improvement or he stops eating...or can't get around then think hard about 'helping' him.

Have you killed a chicken before? Its not easy for some. If it's something you think you can do I can find a few different threads for you to read to know how.
Thank you for all the help! I’ll make sure to check them out to see how to if it comes to that. I’ll make sure to put updates on how he is acting in the morning and after that. Hoping he gets better because I’ve rlly built a friendship w him :(

I only bought the new feed yesterday or so, do you think he might still have a chance of deficiency? I hand fed him electrolyte/sugar/vitamin water mix with his mushed new feed to try and help him today.
What was he eating before you bought the new food?

What was he eating before you bought the new food?
We had this chick feed, but i thought it would be WAY a too nutritionless per say And it was starting to look grey and dull to me. I had to force my brother to drive me to the local place to buy them legit full grown chicken food. And then I would sprinkle in mealworms to their food sometimes.

Thank you for all the help! I’ll make sure to check them out to see how to if it comes to that. I’ll make sure to put updates on how he is acting in the morning and after that. Hoping he gets better because I’ve rlly built a friendship w him :(
I hope you don't mind but I'd like to share something with you.

It is completely possible for chickens to appear healthy and disease-free at one place. Sometimes when you take those birds and move them to a new location they get stressed and the disease or illness will come out or start showing.

So it's possible the person who sold him or gave him to you or whatever doesn't know that their flock carries a disease.
I just want you to be very careful in the future about buying birds. It is much more likely to bring a disease into your flock if you're bringing an adult bird home.
It is much less likely to bring a disease home if you buy baby chicks from a major hatchery.

We had this chick feed, but i thought it would be WAY a too nutritionless per say And it was starting to look grey and dull to me. I had to force my brother to drive me to the local place to buy them legit full grown chicken food. And then I would sprinkle in mealworms to their food sometimes.
Chick feed... Like a crumbled up chick feed?
Chick feet is fine and it can be fed to chickens for their entire life especially a rooster.

But not if it was turning colors... Could it possibly have been mold you were seeing on the feed?
Do you still have it?

If this rooster perhaps did eat moldy feed then yes that could be the reason why he's so ill.

Chick feed... Like a crumbled up chick feed?
Chick feet is fine and it can be fed to chickens for their entire life especially a rooster.

But not if it was turning colors... Could it possibly have been mold you were seeing on the feed?
Do you still have it?

If this rooster perhaps did eat moldy feed then yes that could be the reason why he's so ill.
i don’t think I have the specific feed part I was references (because I threw it away due to the fact it had like dust? Stuff? On it) I might have been over analyzing it,, I hope it wasnt molded or anything :(

I hope you don't mind but I'd like to share something with you.

It is completely possible for chickens to appear healthy and disease-free at one place. Sometimes when you take those birds and move them to a new location they get stressed and the disease or illness will come out or start showing.

So it's possible the person who sold him or gave him to you or whatever doesn't know that their flock carries a disease.
I just want you to be very careful in the future about buying birds. It is much more likely to bring a disease into your flock if you're bringing an adult bird home.
It is much less likely to bring a disease home if you buy baby chicks from a major hatchery.
I’m starting to think the person my sister ordered the eggs from could of done that exact thing. I am trying to think of a major switch that could have made him get Ill like that. My sister has the other half of the eggs and her chickens are healthy as can be. (Happy, no sickness, etc) and some of them are related to the rooster. (I have a hen that is the same batch that is fine).

i don’t think I have the specific feed part I was references (because I threw it away due to the fact it had like dust? Stuff? On it) I might have been over analyzing it,, I hope it wasnt molded or anything :(
Dust stuff might have been mold.
Were your other birds eating the exact same feed as him?

Back
Top Bottom