HELP! I am now mama to 17 duck eggs and lost as can be...

caf.gif

Update: I am worried plum sick!!!I don't think things are going well anymore. 11 of my 15 eggs now have yellow circles below the airs sacs and I see no movement
hit.gif
I see tons of movement in 4 eggs. Two though the air sacs are over 50% of the egg. It seems the ducklings will be so tiny. I am trying to decide if I should help. I feel if I don't I will loose them all. They seem stuck...

Update: I am worried plum sick!!!I don't think things are going well anymore. 11 of my 15 eggs now have yellow circles below the airs sacs and I see no movement
hit.gif
I see tons of movement in 4 eggs. Two though the air sacs are over 50% of the egg. It seems the ducklings will be so tiny. I am trying to decide if I should help. I feel if I don't I will loose them all. They seem stuck...
I know with call ducklings they make a safe hole in the shell I haven't ever done this with having Muscovy's so If you think that's an option PM Lacrystol she would be the one to guide you through this.
on the hatching intervention thread in the sticky's it tells how to open the shell and what to use. Did you mark on your calender when this duck began to sit full time?

Last edited:
I know with call ducklings they make a safe hole in the shell I haven't ever done this with having Muscovy's so If you think that's an option PM Lacrystol she would be the one to guide you through this.
on the hatching intervention thread in the sticky's it tells how to open the shell and what to use. Did you mark on your calender when this duck began to sit full time?
Agreed. If its been over 48hrs since the first internal pip and there are still no signs of an external pip, then I would talk to Lacrystol about making a breathing hole. Maybe PM Sally Sunshine too. She has a lot of experience and is the one who wrote the guide to assisted hatching that I gave you a link to.

Has there been any change? If its been over 48hrs since the first internal pip, I'd intervene.

*Now that I think about it, I think its more like 24 to 32hrs, not 48

Last edited:
This is what an external pip looks like.

Have any of them externally piped? If not, Id make a breathing hole following Sally Sunshine`s "Creating an Artificial Pip or "View Hole"!" instructions.
Link is on the previous page.

Back
Top Bottom