Help I found baby chick in water bowl trying to revive her need help at way to go about it

Wandajane

Hatching
May 24, 2021
I just had some new newly hatched baby chicks about 3 days ago they doing great mothers are doing great their first time mothers but I went out to check on them about an hour ago and found one of the baby chicks with laying face down in the water been trying to revive her not sure how to do CPR on a baby chick been trying my best I have warmed her up just need help any anything thank you

I just had some new newly hatched baby chicks about 3 days ago they doing great mothers are doing great their first time mothers but I went out to check on them about an hour ago and found one of the baby chicks with laying face down in the water been trying to revive her not sure how to do CPR on a baby chick been trying my best I have warmed her up just need help any anything thank you
Sorry this happened. If she's not breathing, she's gone. :hugs

Sorry I don’t know how to help. Like @DobieLover said, if she isn’t breathing then she probably isn’t living anymore 😢

I know this doesn’t help you now, but maybe try putting small rocks in the bottom of their water so it’s harder for them to drown.

I’m so sorry 😞 :hugs

Sorry I don’t know how to help. Like @DobieLover said, if she isn’t breathing then she probably isn’t living anymore 😢

I know this doesn’t help you now, but maybe try putting small rocks in the bottom of their water so it’s harder for them to drown.

I’m so sorry 😞 :hugs
Yes, rocks or marbles (easier to clean). Young chicks fall asleep everywhere and sometimes that can mean their water. Pretty much fill the dish with the marbles and add water to fill in the gaps. I'm sorry about your chick. :hugs

Welcome to BYC, sorry about your chick. :hugs When I find one like this I dry them off with a paper towel or towel, then wrap them in a towel that has been warmed in a drier or microwave and place them in an incubator set at 95 degrees f.

Back
Top Bottom