Help I have 1 roo and no other birds

Don’t feel guilty... even if your husband was standing right there, hawks are bold and I have friends with farms who have had a chicken scooped up right in front of them. Yes I agree with the above posters - def get him some friends. When you do remember they won’t be friends right away - they need separation by using the see but can’t touch method until everyone is chill. Once this happens, he will be perfectly happy.

Last spring I ordered some silkies and ended up with these 2 beautiful babies. 1 roo and 1 hen. I’m out of state dealing with a family member who had a family who had a pre term baby and my husband calls frantic and says my birds are dead. I pretty much lost it because I’m so attached to them. They even sleep indoors at night. My hen was attacked by a red tail hawk. We live so far in the city we are technically not supposed to even have chickens. My husband left them alone for about 10 min to deal with our toddler in our backyard and went to put them in the outdoor coup and literally the hawk was shredding my sweet hen. We did get lucky and find our roo hours later he appeared out of no where we think he hid under the patio. So now I only have him. What do I do? Can he be alone? Do I need another hen? If so get a baby or one his age. How do I introduce them? I love him so much and want him to be happy. He and the hen bonded and had been together since 1 day old. We feel so guilty

Attachments

• welcome2.jpg
    welcome2.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 6
Last spring I ordered some silkies and ended up with these 2 beautiful babies. 1 roo and 1 hen. I’m out of state dealing with a family member who had a family who had a pre term baby and my husband calls frantic and says my birds are dead. I pretty much lost it because I’m so attached to them. They even sleep indoors at night. My hen was attacked by a red tail hawk. We live so far in the city we are technically not supposed to even have chickens. My husband left them alone for about 10 min to deal with our toddler in our backyard and went to put them in the outdoor coup and literally the hawk was shredding my sweet hen. We did get lucky and find our roo hours later he appeared out of no where we think he hid under the patio. So now I only have him. What do I do? Can he be alone? Do I need another hen? If so get a baby or one his age. How do I introduce them? I love him so much and want him to be happy. He and the hen bonded and had been together since 1 day old. We feel so guilty

Attachments

• loss.jpg
    loss.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom