Help I need advice on how to grieve because my duckling died

You gave that little duck a chance when it didn't have one. And you clearly loved it dearly. That's a wonderful thing. I'm sorry it passed. They just do sometimes and we may never know the reason why. I lost 2 baby chicks this year who were doing fine one day and inexplicably passed the next. Those first few days are dicey, and nothing is a guarantee.

Read that article. It is good stuff. And grieve, cry, listen to sad songs. It's ok to be sad. It will get better as time passes. The memories stay. The sadness subsides.

((((hugs))))
:hugs

Glad to meet you, Ruby, and very sorry for your loss. :hugs The article has good ideas, and I really like Zoologist's idea of painting a memorial stone for your duckling. It has really helped me and my kids when we lost beloved animals. And it really does happen despite all the best care and love in the world. Doing some sort of art, and getting a new pet are two really good, accessible ways to move through grief. 💔

I know it sounds odd, but maybe you should get another pet? I lost a hen a little while ago one of which a loved very dearly and the next day I went out and got more baby chicks. I think it honors the animal that passed on by giving others a chance ♥️ just my opinion, I hope you feel better soon 😊
Ty all so much and I have read all of your nice words and cried Only thing is the only reason my mother let me keep it is because it was being rescued not because we actually meant to get one so I cannot get another duck,if that makes any sense. I’ve been trying to focus on other things but when I do I feel like I don’t care about it dying because I wasn’t crying about it even tho I know that I do and when I think about I have a mental breakdown what should I do

Ty all so much and I have read all of your nice words and cried Only thing is the only reason my mother let me keep it is because it was being rescued not because we actually meant to get one so I cannot get another duck,if that makes any sense. I’ve been trying to focus on other things but when I do I feel like I don’t care about it dying because I wasn’t crying about it even tho I know that I do and when I think about I have a mental breakdown what should I do
I understand and felt the same way feeling guilty that we can forget so quickly is hard to get over I’ve felt that feeling many times 😔 it will take time, but don’t feel like you need to obsess about it, although that is easier said then done :hugs

So sorry. Losing a pet is heartbreaking and all the emotions you are feeling is normal. Everybody goes through grief in their own way. If you want to cry, cry. There is no shame in a tearful release for the loss of your pet. The guilt is overwhelming and at times you don't know which way to go. Just breathe and take it a day at a time. I plant trees when I lose a pet and I have a nice line of trees along the East side of the pasture. Take the time it takes and remember there are a lot of us folks who will grieve with you.

I understand and felt the same way feeling guilty that we can forget so quickly is hard to get over I’ve felt that feeling many times 😔 it will take time, but don’t feel like you need to obsess about it, although that is easier said then done :hugs
If you don’t mind I’d like to share a few pictures
9D8DACA9-B1D3-4003-9EB6-71188E355B43.jpeg
54DA9678-1BFE-488A-8B69-27F0750EC199.jpeg

I'm sorry for that loss, you showed it so much love and you made a different for it's time here and that is a beautiful thing. I love everyone's suggestions about a memorial stone (you could paint one) or planting something as a memorial. Maybe even something artistic like painting/coloring a duck to look like yours.

Back
Top Bottom