HELP! I need answers

Eliese

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2017
I have a beautiful little silkie named "Noodles" shes unwell and seems super skinny. Yesterday i found a dead hen in my pen with bloodly poos so treated all chickens for cocci. Although Noddles seems yo have a different problem. She will eat small amounts and then 5 mins later will shake her head vigorously under all the food she just ate flys out of her mouth . Please help i would be devastated if she died. I brought her back from a serious spout of wry neck hense the name

Yesterday i found a dead hen in my pen with bloodly poos so treated all chickens for cocci...Noddles seems yo have a different problem. She will eat small amounts and then 5 mins later will shake her head vigorously under all the food she just ate flys out of her mouth . Please help i would be devastated if she died. I brought her back from a serious spout of wry neck hense the name..she has a clear slime and bubbles coming from her mouth and making a gurgling noise. Also one eye closed and slight head tilt to the closed side.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your other hen. Do you have photos of the bloody poop - what are you using to treat for Coccidiosis?

As for Noodles - have you looked inside her beak for any plaques, lesions or canker? Does she have access to poultry grit (crushed granite)? If she is trying to eat, then shakes the head so much the food is coming back out, then I would suspect she has a blockage somewhere. The slime and bubbles coming out of the beak is concerning - if you have vet care, that would be best.

This is the poop from the pullet that died sunday..(this is not noodles poo). we went to the vet. She is on antibiotics and baycox. Im currently syringe feeding her layer pellets in a paste with electrolytes. How much water and food should i be giving her through syringe?

This is the poop from the pullet that died sunday..(this is not noodles poo). we went to the vet. She is on antibiotics and baycox. Im currently syringe feeding her layer pellets in a paste with electrolytes. How much water and food should i be giving her through syringe?
20171210_083854.jpg

Back
Top Bottom