Help! I rescued a baby chick, I need some help taking care of him

Alex the Chicken

Chirping
Nov 29, 2021
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
IMG-20220926-WA0013.jpeg

Sorry if you can't see him properly, he's sleeping. I need some help raising him. Do I have to feed him at night? I have school so I don't really have all the time to care for him. Also, may I know what chick he is? I believe he is some sort of Bulbul

View attachment 3272123
Sorry if you can't see him properly, he's sleeping. I need some help raising him. Do I have to feed him at night? I have school so I don't really have all the time to care for him. Also, may I know what chick he is? I believe he is some sort of Bulbul
You will need to make sure he is warm. Also if you want identification you will need to post a clearer pic of him. Where did you get him? How long are you planning on keeping him?

You will need to make sure he is warm. Also if you want identification you will need to post a clearer pic of him. Where did you get him? How long are you planning on keeping him?
I tucked him underneath a cloth, he seems to snuggle up to it so I think he's doing fine, he also isn't shaking or shivering at all. I found him under a tree at my condo playground and I plan to keep him as my pet. I own 2 parakeets, I figured perhaps he can mingle with them once he's older?

You need to get him a heat lamp or he will die of the cold but you can't keep it too close to him ( he may not seem like he is cold but young birds always need warmth)
also you can buy wet cat food and feed it to him but I would identify what type of bird he is and cloth isn't enough to keep him warm can you send a better picture of him

You need to get him a heat lamp or he will die of the cold but you can't keep it too close to him ( he may not seem like he is cold but young birds always need warmth)
also you can buy wet cat food and feed it to him but I would identify what type of bird he is and cloth isn't enough to keep him warm can you send a better picture of him
To get heat lamp must convince parents first haha. I feed him eggs and mashed bananas from a syringe. That good enough? Also he's sleeping now can't disturb him.

I tucked him underneath a cloth, he seems to snuggle up to it so I think he's doing fine, he also isn't shaking or shivering at all. I found him under a tree at my condo playground and I plan to keep him as my pet. I own 2 parakeets, I figured perhaps he can mingle with them once he's older?
That's not how baby chicks work, they need to be surrounded by heat, get a heat lamp by tonight if you want to insure his safety.

To get heat lamp must convince parents first haha. I feed him eggs and mashed bananas from a syringe. That good enough? Also he's sleeping now can't disturb him.
He needs chick crumbles, you'll have to go to your local feed store. You can get a heat lamp there too.

Back
Top Bottom