help!!!! i thought i had all pullets but i heard somebody do a wonky one....who was naughty??? pics

I'm pointing at the polish in this one. They have tail feathers that often stick straight up, eliminating some of the traditional sickle feathers seen often in other breeds. The crest often looks a bit more messy in a cockerel instead of the nice round shape that pullets have. It does looke like that white crested blue has some pointed hackle feathers. I'm placing my money on that one.

You could just do what I do and crow to them and see who responds:D

I'm pointing at the polish in this one. They have tail feathers that often stick straight up, eliminating some of the traditional sickle feathers seen often in other breeds. The crest often looks a bit more messy in a cockerel instead of the nice round shape that pullets have. It does looke like that white crested blue has some pointed hackle feathers. I'm placing my money on that one.
You could just do what I do and crow to them and see who responds:D
:lol:

I do the egg song instead. I love getting them all riled up!
I have an intercom in the coop.. You know.. So I can egg song them from the house. :oops:

Last edited:
lol.png

I have an intercom in the coop.. You know.. So I can egg song them from the house.
hide.gif
Bahahaha! That's hilarious!!

I put my husband's trail cam in the nest boxes just to make sure I didn't have any dud hens. People already think I am a crazy chicken lady so I cannot even tell anyone that usually
D.gif

:lol:
I have an intercom in the coop.. You know.. So I can egg song them from the house. :oops:

i say buckmow and even my guineas get started at that my silkers will crow back but thats all i do it when theres a hen in thw nest

Bahahaha! That's hilarious!!

I put my husband's trail cam in the nest boxes just to make sure I didn't have any dud hens. People already think I am a crazy chicken lady so I cannot even tell anyone that usually :cd
:D I am weird like that.

We didn't get it for that reason, but I often do like to frighten them when they are standing close enough to the intercom. :celebrate

Gang!! Thanks so much for all the replies!!!
Been away working for 2 weeks, but my friend who chicken-sat for me said that she heard one little wonky one in the morning whilst i was away, but apart from that, theyve all been as good as gold!
big_smile.png

Out of my 9 i have now got 5 laying...so the possiblities are slowly narrowing down..

I can take some more pics of scramble if you think she/he is the cheeky one

Really appreciate all the help!!! Keep it up!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom