Help identify this first egg - scratch SF off the list!

if there is a little bit of white but looks red, you have a partially enameled earlobe on her. the earlobes should be red on faverolles. my guess is on the silkie or turken leaving the egg. i thought turkens laid large yellow or creamy white eggs.

Thanks for your help.

I have one turken that looks beyond ready to lay an egg, but I haven't seen her show any interest in the nestboxes.

Ironically they all want to use the super-sized nestbox I put in the coop specifically for the meat birds. I also have "normal" sized nestboxes and a tiny one for silkies only, but everyone wants that big box.
he.gif

The only ones I've seen checking out the nestboxes are the SS, SFs, and the one silkie.

Okay, so I was probably wrong about the faverolles laying the pink egg the other day. I was certain one of them did, because I caught her coming out of the nestbox and found the pink egg.

Now to figure out who laid the pink egg and I can't post pics of it because DH had it for supper last night.
lol.png

I just got an egg from the one SF that is laying. It's a pretty pink, so definitely not like the yellow-ish egg in the pic.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom