Help Identifying my Ducks

Lovedolphin13

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2021
Hi!
I recently hatched 2 ducks and I got the eggs from ebay. I searched hard to find mallard duck eggs for sale and thought I found a good seller, but when they hatched one of them didn't look like a mallard. It was yellow, now turning white. I thought it was a pekin but im not sure... Is it possible for it to be a goose mixed breed? His head is kind of rectangular. And the other looks more like a mallard but his beak and feet are darker and not yellow like pictures iv seen. I would be very grateful for help identifying the ducks. If anyone has a guess to the genders that would be helpful too even if its only a guess. They are about 4-5 weeks old. I'll still love them even if there not the exact ducks I was hoping for. :)
20210513_165243.jpg
20210513_165254.jpg

Video of 5 weeks old Rouen

Video of 5 weeks old Peking
They say males tend to have more orange bills as females tend to have more pink bills...
Excited what others might say....
Those videos are so helpful!! Thank you. I didn't even know what Rouen duck was before, I never would have guessed... I think your spot on! The body shape and size is so much like my lil ducks. :eek: I have no idea what the seller was thinking when labeling the eggs mallard lol. Thank you again! I have been guessing for weeks, It feels nice having clue what they are.

Those videos are so helpful!! Thank you. I didn't even know what Rouen duck was before, I never would have guessed... I think your spot on! The body shape and size is so much like my lil ducks. :eek: I have no idea what the seller was thinking when labeling the eggs mallard lol. Thank you again! I have been guessing for weeks, It feels nice having clue what they are.
Rouen ducks are very friendly, as are Peking. So if they turn out to be what we think they are, you are very lucky...
The color of the dark one is called mallard.

The color? So the pattern of the duck is called mallard, if I understand correctly? If so, were they talking about the pattern and not actually a mallard duck?
Maybe! I'm not the right person to ask because english is not my native language 🤪.
We would call it "Wildkleur" (wild color, color of the mallard duck 🦆) and translate it as Mallard in English documents.
Or "donker wildkleur" (dark wild color) which, at my side of the ocean, translate to Dusky Mallard.
So it could be....

Back
Top Bottom