Help! I'm looking for a dog breed that....

Pics
Definitely, but with that theory, couldn't a dog that is mixed inherit multiple health problems, from two different breeds? (i.e. heart problems and joint issues)
Actually the incidence of health issues is about the same in purebred and mixed breed dogs, probably even greater in purebred dogs. Some diseases a breeder can test for and remove the affected animals from their breeding program. For many other health issues there is no screening test available, or they are polygenic, there may be multiple factors involved, or are simply not fully understood at this time. Choosing a breeder that tests for issues prevalent in their breed is certainly the way to go, but it's not a guarantee that the pups will be free from all health issues.

If you are concerned about energy level, perhaps look into adult purebred dogs who are "retiring." You can get greyhounds from racetracks who are a couple years old (total couch potatoes after they finish a few zoomzoom laps around the yard), police dogs, etc. There are also sometimes great dogs who failed their "final" to be a service dog - too distractable or something - but are fantastic for family pets.

Just an idea, since whatever breed you get, the puppy/teenager stage is challenging.

I haven't read through this whole thread, but has anyone said/have you thought about getting a Goldendoodle? A mini one, if they are too big.
An Australian Labradoodle might good too. Easier to find a reputable breeder with those two than with other doodles. Most even do tons of health testing.

pitbulls thery make smaller ones and are good to train the only thing is there short coat and they really are not aggresvive at all

Back
Top Bottom