Help Introducing new Khaki Cambells into existing flock

maccay2k

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 29, 2013
Hi,
I have 4 Kahki's that I hatched from Eggs (3 drakes and 1 girl about 3 and a half months) to help even out the male/female ratio I introduced 2 new female Khaki's this weekend (about 4 months) my existing flock have been bullying and attack them form the get-go, I know there's a pecking order to establish, how long will this last? I am not entirely sure one of them is eating much at all. I had to introduce them as I have no where to keep the 2 to slowly introduce them. Anyone have much experience with this? Will they ever be accepted? One of them is clearly scared and of me, not sure how well they were treated on the farm I picked them up from!

Hi,
I have 4 Kahki's that I hatched from Eggs (3 drakes and 1 girl about 3 and a half months) to help even out the male/female ratio I introduced 2 new female Khaki's this weekend (about 4 months) my existing flock have been bullying and attack them form the get-go, I know there's a pecking order to establish, how long will this last? I am not entirely sure one of them is eating much at all. I had to introduce them as I have no where to keep the 2 to slowly introduce them. Anyone have much experience with this? Will they ever be accepted? One of them is clearly scared and of me, not sure how well they were treated on the farm I picked them up from!
There needs to be a barrier of some kind between established flock and newbies or someone will get hurt. I use the plastic poultry fencing from Lowes it looks like chicken wire but plastic and the $2.68 fiber glass fence post that just push into the ground. That way every one gets use to each other with no bullying and all get to eat. it may only take a few days but it could take much longer. After they seem to settle try offering some treats together with you there to watch for any trouble. Pecking order will still have to be established but it will be a lot less aggressive.

The good news is, it took them a couple of days but they are all now BEST FRIENDS!!!!! Phew! :)

This is my favorite duck all around easy going and great egg producers,
mothers and forgers..... Like the Duck Motel .......
yippiechickie.gif

gander007

Back
Top Bottom