Help Introducing new Khaki Cambells into existing flock

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by maccay2k, Dec 9, 2013.

1. maccay2k

maccay2k Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2013
    Hi,
    I have 4 Kahki's that I hatched from Eggs (3 drakes and 1 girl about 3 and a half months) to help even out the male/female ratio I introduced 2 new female Khaki's this weekend (about 4 months) my existing flock have been bullying and attack them form the get-go, I know there's a pecking order to establish, how long will this last? I am not entirely sure one of them is eating much at all. I had to introduce them as I have no where to keep the 2 to slowly introduce them. Anyone have much experience with this? Will they ever be accepted? One of them is clearly scared and of me, not sure how well they were treated on the farm I picked them up from!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    There needs to be a barrier of some kind between established flock and newbies or someone will get hurt. I use the plastic poultry fencing from Lowes it looks like chicken wire but plastic and the $2.68 fiber glass fence post that just push into the ground. That way every one gets use to each other with no bullying and all get to eat. it may only take a few days but it could take much longer. After they seem to settle try offering some treats together with you there to watch for any trouble. Pecking order will still have to be established but it will be a lot less aggressive.

3. maccay2k

maccay2k Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2013
    The good news is, it took them a couple of days but they are all now BEST FRIENDS!!!!! Phew! :) [​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Great news!! we always like to hear this! Congrats!!! beautiful ducks too. and house.

5. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

This is my favorite duck all around easy going and great egg producers,
    mothers and forgers..... Like the Duck Motel .......[​IMG]

gander007

6. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    @maccay2k

Love that house!! Did you design it? Plans please?? :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by