Help!!! Is this a hen or a rooster?

That's a hen. No doubt about it. Yes, hens can crow, and they can often sound exactly like a rooster.
One of my hens makes a very soft, silly sounding crow occasionally. I didn’t realize that hens could actually crow loud like a normal rooster can. If she starts crowing like a real rooster I will be in trouble because there are no roosters allowed in this area!

One of my hens makes a very soft, silly sounding crow occasionally. I didn’t realize that hens could actually crow loud like a normal rooster can. If she starts crowing like a real rooster I will be in trouble because there are no roosters allowed in this area!
I’m in the same boat. They don’t allow roosters in our neighborhood either because houses are so close to each other. If it’s a rooster, I’m going to have to re-home him.

I’m in the same boat. They don’t allow roosters in our neighborhood either because houses are so close to each other. If it’s a rooster, I’m going to have to re-home him.
you may have to rehome the hen as well if you get crowing complaints!

98C30461-7ABC-4EC0-B471-1734475D53C1.jpeg
Color seems lighter on different lighting, but still darker than the hen ‍♀️posted

That was an interesting video. We have a only hen flock and my top hen has crowed. It was only for a day, both times I heared her. And both times, a day or 2 later she went broody so I assumed it was because of a hormonal change.

Back
Top Bottom