Help! Is this bumble foot??

yinzerchick

Songster
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
E.Texas
I can't tell if this is bumble foot or a callous. I thought bumble foot, but there is no "lump" that I can see. I don't want to start digging into this foot before I'm sure.

Thank you. I'm not sure if I have the stomach to do all the cutting and digging requred to treat this...

Any tips or advice would be most appreciated!

Allears, he's a Jersey Giant rooster. His name is Voodoo, he's the sweetest, gentlest rooster ever! He's almost 5 years old, and I adore him. He's so big, he has a hard time getting out of his own way! He reminds me of Herman Munster, or Andre The Giant...
You might try non-surgical treatment first if you are so inclined. It works on non-severe cases in my personal experience. Many people have luck using tricide neo. If you search tricide neo on this forum you will find many informative threads and you can order it online. I have had bizarre good luck with chlorhexadine solution - it's just an antibacterial solution you can dilute in water and soak the foot in. It did the trick for me. Most livestock suppliers should have it, so does Amazon - it's blue and comes by the gallon. Some people do swear by cutting the infection out, but I just don't have experience with it.

Thank you!
I've cut the infection out of one of my hens, but it was no where near as big as this. Besides that, I sincerely love my Voodoo, and it pains me to do anything to him that might hurt him. I love all my chickens, but I have a special relationship with Voo. He absolutely knows his name, and comes when I call for him. He insists on following me around and eating scratch out of my hand. Best rooster ever! The pics are the most recent I have and don't do him justice. You can't really see how big he is, and the hens have been pulling out his tail feathers, my poor baby...

Very new to chickens and the like and I see your hand and I see the claw in your hand (almost the same size)and the spurs!!!!! and I wonder what kind of bird that is...? Emu?

Thank you. I'm not sure if I have the stomach to do all the cutting and digging requred to treat this...

Allears, he's a Jersey Giant rooster. His name is Voodoo, he's the sweetest, gentlest rooster ever! He's almost 5 years old, and I adore him. He's so big, he has a hard time getting out of his own way! He reminds me of Herman Munster, or Andre The Giant...

WOW
ep.gif
I'm off to do a Google search for more photo's!

Pretty sure it's bumblefoot. let's see more pics of your roo! I love Jersey Giants, very good and docile breed.

Back
Top Bottom