My 2 year old Rhode Island Red has a bump on foot

Shadowglare

Chirping
Nov 12, 2021
My Almost 3 year old Rhode Island Red hen has a small firm lump on her foot, and it hasn't grown. Would love to get someone else's thoughts since I'm not quite sure if it would be bumble foot since it doesn't match pictures that I've seen.

Attachments

• 20231122_220406.jpg
    20231122_220406.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 19
Can you post a picture of the bottom of the foot? It may be bumblefoot, which can occur sometimes between the toes on top of the foot. Is it a hard nodule or soft? It also could be a cyst if there is no bumblefoot scab.

My Almost 3 year old Rhode Island Red hen has a small firm lump on her foot, and it hasn't grown. Would love to get someone else's thoughts since I'm not quite sure if it would be bumble foot since it doesn't match pictures that I've seen.
Thoughts and prayers for you and your RIR. Picture of the bottom of her foot will really help those in the know to figure out the best way to handle the situation.
Also, how long has your RIR had this between her toes?

Thoughts and prayers for you and your RIR. Picture of the bottom of her foot will really help those in the know to figure out the best way to handle the situation.
Also, how long has your RIR had this between her toes?
Sorry for the late response to your post. It's been since beginning of November. So far it hasn't gone away or grew anything so I'm hoping it's just extra cells in that one spot. She isn't in pain or anything since she has let me know when she had a thorn in her cute little foot. I'm just leaving it be for now since nothing changed.

Sorry for the late response to your post. It's been since beginning of November. So far it hasn't gone away or grew anything so I'm hoping it's just extra cells in that one spot. She isn't in pain or anything since she has let me know when she had a thorn in her cute little foot. I'm just leaving it be for now since nothing changed.
I would continue to watch her toes for a while (I can be anal like that). I am so glad she seems to be doing well and enjoying running with her flock. That's always a good sign. However chickens often try to hide problems they may be having from us. I hope you pop back in and let us know how she is doing, some time down the road.

Back
Top Bottom