Help, Layers always fighting!

Can you post some pictures of your set up? It sounds like they need more space.

Sir i finally got to town this week and here is the picture of their pen.

Am really disturbed. Some chickens had to stay all day standing at the window in order to escape lynching by their "Mates"

They are not even that compacted, each chicken i know has atleast 30cm of free space if they'd be put on a straight line

IMG_20200603_110712.jpg

Also...let me know if you would like me to show you a VERY affordable brooder idea.
yes please, i don't want this to happen to the next batch of my chicks please.

its Wednesday Jun, 10 and after separating the chickens, the brutality among them reduced alot.

the main room don't always fight(but they still beat some weaker chicks occasionally )

i splitted the chicken into two. 35 in the big room and 13 in the smaller room, the smaller room had 4 layers initially in it so i added 9 to make them 13. out of this 13 about 7 spend the whole day on their roost, but the beating has reduced alot. thank you all🙌🙌

That is certainly good news! :thumbsup

Did you put some feeders and water dispensers on the second level near the roosts so the weaker ones can have their share too?
I added a feeder on the roost, but water spills so i cant hang it on the roost. so the weak ones have to build some courage and go down when they need water

Back
Top Bottom