HELP - lethargic chick !

Sydcny

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2023
I have a three week old black Australorp and she’s acting very lethargic, shaking a bit and won’t stand up!

She seemed fine yesterday and now I have no idea what could be wrong -

They are set up with a brooder plate, fresh water daily, food and their bedding is changed every three days. I also started sprinkling grit on their food about a week ago

I’m definitely an amateur and just started doing this so I don’t know anything and I’m learning as I go

I’m currently holding her in front of a brooder lamp to help warm her up maybe she got too cold last night?!

Any advice would be so much appreciated. Thank you!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1281.jpeg
    IMG_1281.jpeg
    427.3 KB · Views: 65
Have they been outside? Can you try to feed it some straight nutri drench and raw yolk? Dip your finger in it and put it on her beak, watch her drink and then give her some more.

I have a three week old black Australorp and she’s acting very lethargic, shaking a bit and won’t stand up!

She seemed fine yesterday and now I have no idea what could be wrong -

They are set up with a brooder plate, fresh water daily, food and their bedding is changed every three days. I also started sprinkling grit on their food about a week ago

I’m definitely an amateur and just started doing this so I don’t know anything and I’m learning as I go

I’m currently holding her in front of a brooder lamp to help warm her up maybe she got too cold last night?!

Any advice would be so much appreciated. Thank you!!!
How does her poop look? Any blood?

Have they been outside? Can you try to feed it some straight nutri drench and raw yolk? Dip your finger in it and put it on her beak, watch her drink and then give her some more.
Haven’t been outside yet- I tried to give her some water she seemed to drink some but not a whole lot- she’s peeping and more awake now though!

I’m actually at our avian vet now to have her looked at!

Back
Top Bottom