Help!!! Lethargic hen

I chose to give her the ivermectin again since I remembered that the lady told me to give it to her again if I saw any signs that she would need it

I was able to find a picture of the last one! This one was on January 3rd 4E566ECF-1434-4C55-90AC-F062D80B2C03.jpeg

If this hen has coccidiosis, Corid by itself may not be enough if the coccdia have begun to erode the intestinal lining. Once that begins, bacteria grows, creating an illness on top of the illness. So you need an oral antibiotic.

If this hen has coccidiosis, Corid by itself may not be enough if the coccdia have begun to erode the intestinal lining. Once that begins, bacteria grows, creating an illness on top of the illness. So you need an oral antibiotic.
Any works?? From a quick google search, that would be Aureomycin (chlortetracycline), Terramycin (oxytetracycline), Gallimycin (erythromycin), and Duravet???

Would it be counter productive if I give her the sav-a-chick electrolyte?? From what I read, I would give her the probiotic one after the antibiotic treatment but I was unsure about when to give electrolytes. Or at this time, I should stick to the sugar water when it looks like she’s slipping??

You can give electrolytes. They are for emergency situations, not regular use, but they can be extremely helpful when a chicken is weak or sick.

I was able to find a picture of the last one! This one was on January 3rdView attachment 2477419
That's a tapeworm, flat and segmented.
Dose her with Equimax equine paste. Dosage is 0.15ml for a 5 pound hen. Or 0.03ml per pound of weight. Redose in 10 days.
The Equimax will be in the equine section at a feed store.

So I managed to find a place who would do a stool test and prescribe medicine without a visit and they told me that they found absolutely nothing in her stool. 🙃 No coccidia, no worms, nothing! But obviously something is wrong since she’s incredibly weak. They ended up having a look at her and didn’t give any medicine. Didn’t charge me for the visit but they did for the stool test and it was $43. I’m at a loss as to what’s wrong with her and what else I could do for her. Just from observing her, I don’t think she’s going to make it 😭💔

Back
Top Bottom