Help! Lost all my original photos on my Profile page! How do I get them back?

azygous

Addict
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Dec 11, 2009
Colorado Rockies
Today, while uploading three new photos to my Default album on my Profile page, I somehow lost my entire original album of 40 photos that got transferred to the new BYC web site from the old web site.
This was the first time I uploaded multiple photos by using the "command" key to upload them to the default album all at once. This was accomplished without any problem. However, it was then that I noticed that I now have just the Default album along with my Avatar on my photo page instead of the three albums I had before.

Does anyone have any idea what I did to make the album disappear and how can I retrieve the original photos? They have to be there somewhere? Right?

Please help me!

I wonder how many other BYCers this has happened to.

Do you recall doing anything on your Profile page that may have preceded losing your photo album?

My hope is someone will tell us a simple way to retrieve the missing photos.

Well it was today or yesterday and I think I uploaded a new photo. But I see that now it says under my name that I have 135 photos so I know my old album is somewhere I just cant seem to find it.... HELP

Weird, I don't have my private "Uploads" album showing up in my profile either. (The "Uploads" folders are the private folders imported from the old site).

We did an upgrade yesterday, so there's probably a related glitch.

Don't freak out, I believe these albums are just "hidden" and not missing. Worst case, we have pretty robust backups.

I'll have more details ASAP tomorrow!

OH so GLAD I found this thread this morning!! I was going to post a picture from my original Default album.... and that entire album is GONE!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it comes back!!
fl.gif
In fact... my new album was changed to "Default" and the orginal set is gone with the new set replacing it.

This is so cool! Not that we lost our photos, but that we've discovered that others are in the same boat!

Maybe the IT people who designed this awesome site will figure out the bug and we'll soon get our photos back!

This morning my pictures are back... and here I was looking so forward to freaking out...oh well next time maybe. :lol:

Last edited:
Hey! Mine are back, too! I wonder if the web master figured out the problem and found them.

Whomever we have to thank,
wee.gif
THANK YOU!

Trust me, I'll definitely let you know when to and not to freak out. As I said last night, this one was a case where there was no need to freak out.3

We do updates to the forum almost every two weeks. Sometimes it is small stuff that won't ever been "seen" by the members (admin fixes/features, performance updates, etc.) and sometimes they are big updates. This one was pretty big and there were some bugs that are quickly fixed.

Keep in mind that Microsoft, Facebook, etc. are HUGE companies with thousands of expert and well paid engineers / coders, and they still make mistakes and have bugs in their software and websites. It's the nature of forward momentum and improvements to tech.

Thanks for your patience as we got things fixed!

Back
Top Bottom