HELP! Lost chicken

oystercrackers

Songster
Jul 28, 2019
Midwest, USA
I had a 10 week old Faverolle pullet go missing around 15 hours ago. I've looked and looked, but haven't been able to find her. She went missing at dusk, it is now almost noon. I have woods very close to me, and they go on for miles. She had been in the coop and run for about 5 weeks now. She's still quite small, about half the size of your average chicken. I don't know how to find her.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but most likely she is gone, a predator probably snatched her up. If it was an older pullet / hen..... there may have been a slight chance she went broody and took off into hiding to set on her clutch of eggs but seeing how young she is, she probably went 'Little Red Riding Hood' and the Wolf got to her. :(

My worst fear currently is that she has herself wedged under something, and refuses to move. I'm starting to lose hope as I've searched the area with multiple other people multiple times now, and I'm hoping that she finds her way back.

Does she have a name she responds too? Maybe try getting a small container and fill it with ur fee and shake it as you go look and shall start to realize its food. She does recognize your voice right?

I believe she recognizes my voice, but I'm not sure if she'll respond if I call her. I've tried shaking the feed around, nothing yet.
if it was a rooster I'm sure you would hear the call but since it's not maybe trying walking around in the woods with feed and keep trying I wouldn't give up. If she's smart enough she might come back to the coop to rest but she might also find something to perch on for the night so looks for anything like that. Maybe look for her feathers cause when they shake they always lose a feather. If she sees you she may or may not come to you cause she is pretty young but keep trying.

Back
Top Bottom