Help mallard eggs pipped 3 days ago not zipped

Sandraw61

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2021
Have 7 mallard duck eggs in incubator on lockdown all pipped 3 days ago but still no external. Should I candle to see if all is well or leave alone?

Yes, I'd say leave them alone. What day are they on? I've only done one duck egg hatch. They internally pipped on Tuesday-Wednesday. Externally pipped for Friday-Saturday. All hatched on Sunday within about 12 hours of each other. I had 100% hatch rate. Ducks take a long time to hatch.

Hopefully others more experienced with ducks will pipe up with a more in depth answer.

Yes, I'd say leave them alone. What day are they on? I've only done one duck egg hatch. They internally pipped on Tuesday-Wednesday. Externally pipped for Friday-Saturday. All hatched on Sunday within about 12 hours of each other. I had 100% hatch rate. Ducks take a long time to hatch.

Hopefully others more experienced with ducks will pipe up with a more in depth answer.
They pipped on Saturday

You might consider holding the eggs up to your ear. You can hear peeping and soft tapping as they attempt to pip. If you hear no noise I'd be concerned but if they're active they just need more time.

Ok i always let my duck eggs go a few days after 28 basically to day 30. I'm guessing your humidity is up around 75. Duck eggs aint as easy to break as chicken eggs are.

Back
Top Bottom