Help me be strong!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HenMamma, May 20, 2008.

1. HenMamma

HenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Emmet TWP, MI
    I am going out to the farm supply to get 3 easter eggers that come in today. We already have 11 chicks at home and my "limit" is 14. I have been tossing around the idea of getting some barred rock though. DH will kill me if I get more than the 3 I am supposed to get! Send so be strong mojo my way!

2. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I wish I could but I am headed to the feed store to pick up extras that they had and I cant wait. 12 more coming today.

Good luck on resisting they are hard to resist.

3. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    Sorry I am weak weak woman, 29 hens, 2 broodys sitting on 14 eggs![​IMG] Wish I could help:jumpy

4. WillsMama93

WillsMama93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Shreveport, La
    I understand the pain of the feed store chick bin.. it's how I went from 2 chicks, to 7 chicks. (Can you imagine, I actually thought at one time that 2 chicks would be enough!!)

Now my feed store is out of chicks, and I can't afford the shipping and such from MyPetChicken right now, so I am holding at 7 for now. So I can spare lots of willpower, sending it your way!!!

[​IMG]

5. Half-a-dozen

Half-a-dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    sorry...can't say I will be much help myself to you...I too thought 10 chicks a year ago would be more than enough..... now we have somewhere over 40... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You'll have a much better chance of recieving... "resisitance support" if you don't ask a bunch of chicken addicts!!! [​IMG]

Good luck tho... [​IMG]

6. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    [​IMG] be ready to get in trouble with the hubby cause I know you will come home with at least 5, possibly more. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] +

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Your asking us weak addicted chicken people!!?? [​IMG]

I started out with the thought of 5 or 6 chickens and now were keeping 20 and talking about keeping 25 [​IMG]

My hubby is all for it tho! [​IMG]

8. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Let us know what you actually come home with.

9. pixiechic

pixiechic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    North GA
    Heh...I think you are asking the wrong people. I've been avoiding going to the feed store because DH told me they have baby ducks, and I know I won't be able to resist! [​IMG]

10. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    ok do what I do hope that they have sold all of the extras and when this fails I fall back on the "well you can usually expect to loss a couple and then just in case this happens you need to pick up a couple of extras" Good luck with self control, I don't seem to have any myself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by