• Pup 1

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Pup 2

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which pup are you leaning towards?

It is hard to choose????
We were told that No 1 is the more outgoing of temperment and Pup 2 the quieter one.

The first pup No 1 is a good looking boy. He looks the stronger of the two. I also was looking at him and Murphy closely ( Murphs pic in my avatar) I thought they kind of look a bit alike in the face? I like the two black ears. Which makes him stand out and also he is very different from Murph as Murph had white ears. Murph loved his teddies so I like the way the pup already has taken to soft toys. But then No 2 is also cute isn;t he. DH said if No two was a girl he would have got them both - How sad he is also a boy!!!!!!!!!

No 2 looks kind of smaller and less developed. So my guess is he is a bit of the runt. That doesn't make him a bad choice just he might be a bit slower to develop and come out of his shell. After all having a big litter of pups to compete with is hard work when your that size and if they are anything like chickens then I can understand why No two is a bit smaller.

On the up side of it pup is due on 24th Nov he will be 12 weeks old then so a wee bit bigger than the pic that shows them at 8 weeks.( All the others were homed at 8 weeks so these two are the only ones left) Of course you all know they don;t stay that dark colour? The dark turnes to grey over time so it will lighten down. I am sooo looking forward to the baby comming. We were looking at stuff today for him but we are also aware that anything can go wrong. What if he gets sick etc? - These are two long weeks!!!!!! I can;t wait to see the fur ball and get him into my arms and then I will believe it is real!!!! I was thinking our family will be once again complete at Christmas. The house isn;t the same without a woolly mammoth in it. I love him already so I do hope it all comes to pass without any bothers. The pair of us were out a few months back and we saw this amazing large chicken dog toy that was all kind of like a muppet. We took one look at it and said Ohhhh our Murph would have loved that for Christmas but sadly by then he was alread dead. Now we are trying to remember where we saw it so we can get it for the wee man. It is much a healing. I like to think my Murph would approve of the new baby. We miss him so much and we were both moved again to tears while looking at Dog things today. - We are both looking forward to the baby and DH has started to prepare the Dog crate and kit it out again with a nice comfy padded floor cussion for the baby. We are very excited.

Oes - have to deffinately choose by the end of the week.

Last edited:
I'm sorry about Murph, he sounds like he was a really great dog. Puppy shopping is so much fun though! This sounds super stressful, especially since you have to choose by the end of the week, No one is really cute with those ears... but No 2 has bigger ones it looks like, I'm a sucker for long floppy ears.
big_smile.png

I'm sorry about Murph, he sounds like he was a really great dog. Puppy shopping is so much fun though! This sounds super stressful, especially since you have to choose by the end of the week, No one is really cute with those ears... but No 2 has bigger ones it looks like, I'm a sucker for long floppy ears.
big_smile.png

I am going to look at the ears again!!!!!

At least we have a lot of time before we get the pup to be able to think of questions to ask the breeder etc.

Oes

Based on looks I'd go for puppy number 1. You said you like boistrous and he definitely appears to be the bigger, sturdier, more outgoing of the two. He looks healthier and also those two colored ears? Adorable!!
You can't get him any sooner? Well, the up side is that he should be fully housebroken by the time he comes to you, right?

To be honest - we had always said we wanted him to spend as much time as possible with his mum. 12 weeks is fine for us. They normally are homed around 8-10 weeks. I think it will make him a better ballanced dog having had his mum a bit longer without all the other dogs to compete with. I think pup two will thrive more with more attention. He does seem like the runt.

Oes

Last edited:
Thanks fluffy

It is so sad about Murphy but hopefully we will be able to get the puppy. Right now we are worried that we wont be able to give the pup all that it needs and so are really thinking it through before we commit ourselves. I am so looking forward to getting him though, but I know choices have to be made and if we are not able physically then we might not be able to take him on. Then I really will be a bit disappointed. I know from lots of experience how hard work it is to look after a big dog like Murph. You kind of gotta like getting squished a lot and give up half your food budget to feed him! Right now it very much looks like if a pup is going to come it will be No one who is winning in the poll? Tomorrow is the last day and I think I am more drawn to No one as well so I guess that will at this stage be the one we will be looking to home unless of course everything changes overnight and the runt gets more votes?????

rs_oesTailWag.gif
Oes

Thanks fluffy

It is so sad about Murphy but hopefully we will be able to get the puppy. Right now we are worried that we wont be able to give the pup all that it needs and so are really thinking it through before we commit ourselves. I am so looking forward to getting him though, but I know choices have to be made and if we are not able physically then we might not be able to take him on. Then I really will be a bit disappointed. I know from lots of experience how hard work it is to look after a big dog like Murph. You kind of gotta like getting squished a lot and give up half your food budget to feed him! Right now it very much looks like if a pup is going to come it will be No one who is winning in the poll? Tomorrow is the last day and I think I am more drawn to No one as well so I guess that will at this stage be the one we will be looking to home unless of course everything changes overnight and the runt gets more votes?????

rs_oesTailWag.gif
Oes
I know what you mean about the time and effort it takes to care for a puppy. We raised two this summer. A Aussie and a Shih-Tzu. They are still a mess! LOL

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom